IGNORED

Lynx Quest - new adventure action game

solo/ng

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/1/2021 at 6:40 PM, laoo said:

Hi!

Just out of curiosity... did anyone actually beat the game and saw the ending?

Spoiler

Screenshot11111.png.52f79d5d786a2fd3e6f4151cb72bc43b.png  Screenshot1111.png.8faf37b94eaf6283f64ff0adfdcbaad1.png

Yep! Open the spoiler for proof. There were some places where it was easy to hide behind objects and not get hit. Quite an enjoyable game, played 1.04 version. I wish that I understood the mechanics of this game when I was first playing it, it took me a while to understand that this is an action/arcade shooter and not an RPG.

• Like 1

Congratulations @Igor!

Frankly... it was supposed to be more RPG-like at the beginning (e.g. the cave was planned to be a place to upgrade stats etc), but deadline proved to be an irrevocable obstacle to such plans, and at the end the game went through massive simplifications.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, laoo said:

Congratulations @Igor!

Frankly... it was supposed to be more RPG-like at the beginning (e.g. the cave was planned to be a place to upgrade stats etc), but deadline proved to be an irrevocable obstacle to such plans, and at the end the game went through massive simplifications.

Ah so I wasn't wrong in my first assumption, even if it didn't happen in the end. It has a very good starting point to be an RPG game, you should consider revisiting it since there is no deadline now. We also missed you and your team in the last couple of competitions I ran, hope to see an entry from Poland in the next one though!

• Like 1

If they come back, could we please have 2 categories @Igor "entries from Poland" and "rest of the world". You know, to give us a chance :)

@laoo I agree with the other, having a proper release for that game, through AA or Songbirds, or anyone who could give this game the packaging it deserves. To me the only flaws of this game are the title and the box (and maybe its overall length/difficulty).

Edited by LordKraken
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, LordKraken said:

@laoo I agree with the other, having a proper release for that game, through AA or Songbirds, or anyone who could give this game the packaging it deserves. To me the only flaws of this game are the title and the box (and maybe its overall length/difficulty).

Yes!  There have been some very impressive homebrew projects on the Lynx in the past few years.  This was among the best, and that's saying a lot!  It really deserves a physical release.

10 hours ago, LordKraken said:

If they come back, could we please have 2 categories @Igor "entries from Poland" and "rest of the world". You know, to give us a chance :)

Where's your sportsmanship? ? Any and all competition allowed, but maybe a couple of categories will be good to have!