IGNORED

Heads up - Parts for DIY SDrive-MAX cheap!

a8isa1

Mine arrived from Banggood last week but I only opened the package today

Unfortunately the small screen is borked but thanks to @a8isa1 and his firmware the bigger screen looks to function ok.

I need to chop the cable off an xc12 but all3 of mine work, or order an sio plug from somewhere

IMG_20191001_134327.thumb.jpg.2ddbd462d062c01894e2be7c05fc0abb.jpg

Edited by mimo
photo

I'm beginning to regret starting this thread because now 3 people, myself included, have received damaged or defective screens (1 screen each).  The spare screen has saved the situation twice. That's not good enough. 

mimo, please use banggood.com's app (or whichever method you prefer) and request a replacement.  Don't let it slide.  Perhaps they will remedy the situation permanently.

I've mentioned this already but if you do use their app if banggood requests additional information via email it's best to reply via email.  Using the app a second (and third) time only got me the same form email.

Two people recommended banggood to me and have been using them from some time which is why I gave them a try.  Since banggood did resolve my issue I'm still open to using them.  I have to go on my own experience(s).  If I have another issue I'll probably move on.  I personally don't have a favorite vendor yet.

-SteveS

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, a8isa1 said:

I'm beginning to regret starting this thread because now 3 people, myself included, have received damaged or defective screens (1 screen each).  The spare screen has saved the situation twice. That's not good enough. 

mimo, please use banggood.com's app (or whichever method you prefer) and request a replacement.  Don't let it slide.  Perhaps they will remedy the situation permanently.

I've mentioned this already but if you do use their app if banggood requests additional information via email it's best to reply via email.  Using the app a second (and third) time only got me the same form email.

Two people recommended banggood to me and have been using them from some time which is why I gave them a try.  Since banggood did resolve my issue I'm still open to using them.  I have to go on my own experience(s).  If I have another issue I'll probably move on.  I personally don't have a favorite vendor yet.

-SteveS

I don't hold you responsible, we're all grown ups and can make our own decisions.
I have already logged a support case, but they are on holiday until 4th October, fingers crossed that they will resolve the issue.

• Like 1

ive been told theyre sending a replacement out for mine. in dealing with them, they were always very polite.

you learn a lot about a firm in these circs and if they make good on their promise then im happy to use them again :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The replacement order arrived today, as with others they sent the whole package deal.
this time the order was dispatched from the UK(?) maybe they take better care of the stock, anyway, the smaller screen works this time.

I will add that I bought a sandisk 16GB microSD card which when inserted would cause the screen on the sdrive-max to stop functioning. I replaced with a kingston 8GB card with the same files on, and this works fine 

i got my replacement after the faulty screen issue but the UNO board is a different form factor - the DC and USB sockets do not line up with the 3D print cases.

luckily i had another caseless UNO device (DRAM tester) so i swapped them over ?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same white screen on received 2'8 tft from the link posted in first message of this topic. I try all available .hex files - result is 0!

Some results I see with small (2'4) screen from this package. But not a great success. Colors, revere picture, in other words - not working.

What I'm doing wrong?

3 hours ago, MVladimir said:

I have the same white screen on received 2'8 tft from the link posted in first message of this topic. I try all available .hex files - result is 0!

Some results I see with small (2'4) screen from this package. But not a great success. Colors, revere picture, in other words - not working.

What I'm doing wrong?

have you referred to Mr Robot's site?

https://atari8bit.net/everything-sdrive-max/

• Like 1