IGNORED

Which Portable is better?

AtGames Flashback Portable's Faceoff  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these 2 AtGames Flashback Portable's would you recommend I buy?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

You put the newer one first without the year and I assumed it was model one, so my vote is actually for #2, the 1st 2016 model. Better dpad and larger screen. You can’t change the rechargeable batteries, but I don’t know if it’s any easier for the 2017 rechargeable. 

34 minutes ago, Swami said:

You put the newer one first without the year and I assumed it was model one, so my vote is actually for #2, the 1st 2016 model. Better dpad and larger screen. You can’t change the rechargeable batteries, but I don’t know if it’s any easier for the 2017 rechargeable. 

Weird they both say 2.8" LCD screen on the box. Sorry about that I actually don't know much about these including what year they're from. That's why I'm asking the community for advice.

3 hours ago, Mallard Games said:

Weird they both say 2.8" LCD screen on the box. Sorry about that I actually don't know much about these including what year they're from. That's why I'm asking the community for advice.

Yeah, never mind, the one I meant to pick isn't even there. LOL! This is the one I picked (2016)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Flashback-Ultimate-Portable-Game-2016-Player-with-60-Built-in-Games-USED/323795838330?epid=2068624085&hash=item4b63bc657a:g:gf0AAOSw18Bcy0K3:sc:USPSFirstClass!55101!US!-1

and the predominant opinion would agree with Flojomojo on this one and the two you showed.

It looks like the only thing deluxe about the 2017 deluxe edition compared to the 2017 standard version is that the deluxe edition includes an AV cable (for hooking up to your TV?)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2019 at 1:02 PM, Swami said:

Yeah, never mind, the one I meant to pick isn't even there. LOL! This is the one I picked (2016)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Flashback-Ultimate-Portable-Game-2016-Player-with-60-Built-in-Games-USED/323795838330?epid=2068624085&hash=item4b63bc657a:g:gf0AAOSw18Bcy0K3:sc:USPSFirstClass!55101!US!-1

and the predominant opinion would agree with Flojomojo on this one and the two you showed.

It looks like the only thing deluxe about the 2017 deluxe edition compared to the 2017 standard version is that the deluxe edition includes an AV cable (for hooking up to your TV?)

First edition is the best edition!

• Like 1

Does anyone have any idea about the specs for this year's Portable?! I have had the 2016 model (very 1st edition with Jungle Hunt etc.) for 3 years and love it, but I have used it heavily and would at least like a backup model. However I'm not happy about the screen going down from 3.2" to 2.8" on both subsequent models. Hoping this year it goes back to 3.2"... An HDMI-out would be a plus, but as I have the FB9 it's not a necessity.

Edited by Dr. Ferro
Elaboration
  • Like 1