Sign in to follow this  
Giles N

Which 5200 games, of the original 69 releases or homebrews, can be completed, have a definitive end?

Please post titles of 5200 games which you know can be completed, have an end-of-game-scene or definitively goes back to round 1 after many rounds and actually do display it as round 1 (even though you may retain the score).

I can start:

Pole Position has 1 qualify-round, then 4 laps of the actual race.

When last lap is done, you are waved in with flags, and you’ve won the game.

So: Pole Position.

Edited by Giles N

Pitfall

Pitfall 2

Adventure II 

Most games of the era didn't have discrete endings though. Some Activision games would stop when you roll the score, giving you !!! Marks, but I never actually pulled that off on any of them. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 1:02 PM, Giles N said:

I can start:

Pole Position has 1 qualify-round, then 4 laps of the actual race.

When last lap is done, you are waved in with flags, and you’ve won the game.

So: Pole Position.

I have never gotten past the first round with a stock controller.

9 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

And the controller works?

11 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

I actually thought analogue orginal  controller worked well with this game; but as to pass other racing cars, one has to keep the stick very steady and precise.

now, sometimes the others cars shift file, or creates room for you to be able to pass them z-manouver-like, but do this at low-gear, or let-up your speed so dies down.

If you have a fair inkling to which curves comes when, you’ll notice big Ad-signs are mostly on the outer side of the curve, so you can drive into the green on the inside of somecurves, but get out on the road asap.

So, steer precisely.

gear-down or break when trying to pass cars, 

If two cars block the road ahead, lower your speed til you hang behind them, and wait for them to change position, or a long straight, where you can attempt to sneak past them in the middle.

4 hours ago, Giles N said:

And the controller works?

Yes except start pause and reset on one of them.  But even bitd it was hard with new system.

On 9/9/2019 at 7:16 AM, 0078265317 said:

Yes except start pause and reset on one of them.  But even bitd it was hard with new system.

I played it first on 5200 emu system ‘Kat5200’ with a xbox/usb controller.

Then I (after much to-and fro) got actual 5200 unit up an running.

And guess, what?

Having an analogue stick that did not selfcenter, actually helped, the Arcade had wheel which did not center/move back in position, so even though I never got far in the Arcade, I got the precision needed to steer clear of other cars while holding the right turn-angle.

🙂

Star Raiders gives you a happy ending when you've wiped out all the Zylons in the galaxy.  I have yet to experience that pleasure myself.

The "Double" and "Cavity" variations of Super Breakout reset the wall a finite number of times, so it's possible to declare yourself the victor in those variations.

Castle Crisis, like all Warlords clones, ends when one player has beaten all others five times.

The sports games, not counting Track & Field but including Ballblazer, have definite endings.

If you haven't lost all your lives first, Choplifter! ends when all 64 hostages are either dead or rescued.

• Thanks 1