IGNORED

Doom : Slayer Edition

Sporadic

4 minutes ago, DEATH said:

Is this the final version of spectres ?

The originals are more transparent than that, i mean, not blue.

Pc was fuzzy draw, ps1 were just transparent. What's to say the Jag ones can't be transparent blue? ?

This is our current version, it's a minor tweak with minimal impact to the rendering performance. Its certainly better than original Jag doom where they just show as normal pinky demons.

• Like 5

My only grip with blue Spectres is that they are too visible while Spectres are supposed to be hard to notice. It kinda defeats the purpose. Nightmare Spectres on the PSX version were an other type of enemies that didn't replace the fist one. so why not both?

Anyway i missed these updates and since it my favorite version of my favorite game i wanted to thank you guys for your work on that.

Edited by DoTheMath
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 7800JAGFAN said:

Well, on the PSX they claimed it as a "new" monster not on PC, so I guess the Jaguar can have its own "new" monster too.

The Nightmare Spectre on PS1 Doom was simply a flag that was set that doubled a monster's health and gave them that negative color scheme. Theoretically you could flag any monster with the "Nightmare" flag in PS1 Doom and the same effect applies.

That same flag could also be theoretically recreated for another version of Doom.

On 9/6/2019 at 6:46 AM, Goochman said:

Based upon what you all know so far would it be possible to add the double barrel shotgun?

That weapon wasn't in the original Doom, so it's incredibly unlikely that the assets are on the Jag Doom cart.  And I believe Jag Doom was drawn with something like half of the vertical resolution of the PC original, which means the sprites couldn't just be dumped in from the PC version without some tweaking.  I have nothing to do with this project, but I would think the double barrel shotgun is pretty unlikely to appear.

As far as the Spectre thing goes, I don't care if they're just like the PC version, or blue, green, or fuzzy. Having Spectres in Jaguar Doom is another thing I never thought I would see.  So cool.

The meaning of the Spectre is to be difficult to see.
There, they are clearly visible.
On the Playstation, the Spectre are transparent from 50% to 100%. But they also added a more powerful version of the spectre in some levels. The "nightmare spectre" that appear dark green.

I like the blue Spectres since they remind me of the Nightmare Imps in Doom 64...would be crazy if they run fast and zig zag around you. :evil:

One question about the music...in one of the videos I've noticed the music playing on the levels were different from what they were on the PC.  Was that something that was intended to be in the Jag version?  I wanted to see about adding that music to the JagDOOM wad I have for ZDoom.

Edited by MrMaddog

4 hours ago, DEATH said:

The meaning of the Spectre is to be difficult to see.
There, they are clearly visible.
On the Playstation, the Spectre are transparent from 50% to 100%. But they also added a more powerful version of the spectre in some levels. The "nightmare spectre" that appear dark green.

Feel free to jump in and offer your own version, the code is out there :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, PFG 9000 said:

That weapon wasn't in the original Doom, so it's incredibly unlikely that the assets are on the Jag Doom cart.  And I believe Jag Doom was drawn with something like half of the vertical resolution of the PC original, which means the sprites couldn't just be dumped in from the PC version without some tweaking.  I have nothing to do with this project, but I would think the double barrel shotgun is pretty unlikely to appear.

The assets for the CyberSpider aren't there either....  we've overcome that hurdle ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1