IGNORED

Doom : Slayer Edition

Sporadic

As long as requests/suggestions are allowed, would it be possible to add the blur artifacts and light amp visors to this project?  And/or fix the way the invulnerability appears?  (In the PC version, picking up invulnerability gives the screen a black and white negative effect, but in JagDoom, it tints everything in goofy bluish-green.)

Finally...any chance for crushing ceilings?  They were in the original but removed for the Jag port.  I realize this would require changing up the levels in certain spots, but I can dream.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 6:40 PM, PFG 9000 said:

As long as requests/suggestions are allowed, would it be possible to add the blur artifacts and light amp visors to this project?  And/or fix the way the invulnerability appears?  (In the PC version, picking up invulnerability gives the screen a black and white negative effect, but in JagDoom, it tints everything in goofy bluish-green.)

Finally...any chance for crushing ceilings?  They were in the original but removed for the Jag port.  I realize this would require changing up the levels in certain spots, but I can dream.  :)

Growing up playing the jaguar version, I really hated the ceilings when I found out about them in the Xbox 360(?) version of Doom. There is no need for them after my liking.:)

On 10/2/2019 at 6:20 AM, VintageGamer74 said:

@Cyrano Is Last Strike still on track? Really can't wait for that one! 

It will be the next one we focus on after the PRGE, Speedball II and FW Dizzy are in the store.  The game is complete.

1 hour ago, Rick Dangerous said:

any updated gameplay footage of late?  Really on board the Hype Train for this one...

There will be as soon as we can get away from the Cyberdemon ;)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, swapd0 said:

No, because it's in development. There are no public version.

But you can use a JagSD or a Skunkboard to play with it,when they release it, of course.

Once the final version is released I mean. Could “reproductions” of the slayer edition could be made by flashing the patched ROM to an eeprom and soldering to a blank board (such as those used for homebrew titles).

10 minutes ago, Einhandr said:

Once the final version is released I mean. Could “reproductions” of the slayer edition could be made by flashing the patched ROM to an eeprom and soldering to a blank board (such as those used for homebrew titles).

Hopefully it will be sold as a complete and approved release.

If you are new i would lay off the talking about reproductions of WIP's

• Like 2

Ha, not sure how they'd be considered reproductions, since this is a 'new' thing.  But yeah, I agree about talking about reproductions around here.  Depending on the person, reproductions are either the most evil thing ever, acceptable in certain cases, or everything should be reproduced.  I'm of the 'Would play  it on the JagSD/Skunkboard, but if there were an AtariAge published version of the game, I'll buy that too.' variety.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Einhandr said:

If they release a "free" version for sure it will be locked to work on jagSD or Skunboard, it won't work if you flash them on an eeprom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swapd0 said:

If they release a "free" version for sure it will be locked to work on jagSD or Skunboard, it won't work if you flash them on an eeprom.

Actually I assume this is really up to if Bethesda will allow any sort of distribution?  Since they technically still own the rights at this point.  Unless it'll be one of those things where you have to import your own WADs.

Sorry, I guess I just figured since it was a BethSoft owned IP there would only be a slim chance if there being any sort of “official” version sold by AtariAge due to legal reasons.  Though I’d totally support that!

Edited by Einhandr
Additional

35 minutes ago, Einhandr said:

Sorry, I guess I just figured since it was a BethSoft owned IP there would only be a slim chance if there being any sort of “official” version sold by AtariAge due to legal reasons.  Though I’d totally support that!

This is my concern as well. I am so excited for this release. I just hope the powers that be don’t step in to screw it up