IGNORED

Doom : Slayer Edition

Sporadic

On 4/9/2020 at 10:00 AM, Stephen said:

The "slack much" was very much meant in jest, sorry if it didn't come across that way.

No need to apologize.  I was pretty sure it was meant in jest, but you never know on the internet.  Anytime you show off a collection, no matter how exhaustively complete it is, there will always be one guy who tries to remind you what you're missing.  Thus my "Thanks for being that guy, without actually being that guy."   ?

Thanks for the info on the Nuon port.  I had no idea that existed, and I've thought about branching out to unofficial ports like Dramcast Doom.

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2020 at 11:25 AM, BeefMan said:

Impressive collections guys, thought I’d throw a few pieces I have out there.4aaecb63f21a9c4e8f9df0cce213d73f.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really cool!  I don't know which port is the one on the left.  Japanese PC?  And is that Windows 95 Doom the one that comes with the PC98 port?

11 hours ago, PFG 9000 said:

Really cool!  I don't know which port is the one on the left.  Japanese PC?  And is that Windows 95 Doom the one that comes with the PC98 port?

Thanks! Both are the PC98 ports.  Doom is the 3.5 disk version and Doom 2 is on CD-ROM, love these big box sets.  Would really like to find the 5.25 disk version of Doom.  I can't wait for Slayer edition!

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 5:26 PM, CyranoJ said:

it wasn't an off the cuff uncivil response.

I strongly beg to differ. You used the word "fuckwit" in response to a perfectly simple, legitimate question. A simple "no" could have worked, but you went the extra mile to use foul language when I did absolutely nothing to merit such a reply.

I don't know where or why you would think it would be a good idea to insult or belittle your potential customers with such attitude but that's none of my concern I suppose.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 6:28 PM, CyranoJ said:

Anyone who designs a game around a cart is a total fuckwit :P

Unless you've done this, it wasn't aimed at you.  Whats all this talk of 'customers' ?

Apologies to everyone else who saw this reply in the main subject list and thought there was an update.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Unless you've done this, it wasn't aimed at you.  Whats all this talk of 'customers' ?

Some people just live to be offended. Pay no heed, and let them wallow in their misery.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

I mean its a Doom thread, and there's a picture of a guy up there with his ass hanging out.  Complaining about swearing in a doom thread is like bitchin' about religion in a church.

Ha, I totally could see that as a Monty Python style sketch. 

Church is in session, doors burst open.  "Stop that, stop that!  They're be none of that here!"

• Like 3

12 hours ago, leech said:

Ha, I totally could see that as a Monty Python style sketch. 

Church is in session, doors burst open.  "Stop that, stop that!  They're be none of that here!"

Only if there was a rabbit in that scene.........................

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 4/8/2020 at 2:31 PM, Rick Dangerous said:

I like Doom. 

IMG_20171110_223959564.jpg

Hi, I noticed Doom 2 all the way there on the right. Is this a game that was made available at some point for the Jaguar? Or was this something custom you did? I absolutely want... please share your secrets!!! :)

15 minutes ago, DoTheMath said:

Is that about soundfonts? Or does it use an other system?

Doom has it's own custom midi format (.MUS)
Of course, JagDoom being JagDoom has it's own custom .MUS format that isn't compatible with Doom .MUS

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/17/2020 at 6:33 AM, doctorclu said:

20200517_062951.thumb.jpg.3e2edd8bcb9ade9ec22e95e2a43c3bc0.jpg

20200517_063001.thumb.jpg.d3fcd9b2f3312045e2271812dce2bfc0.jpg

The extent of my Doom Collection.  I like how it mentions it is the sequel to Wolfenstein 3D.  (I knew it all along!!)

And BTW, looking forward to the Slayer version!

I bought that very "pack" back in 1994 from a Radio Shack that was by my house. I could walk to it because I wasn't old enough to drive. There's only a single 3.5" floppy in there, and it's actually the Shareware version of the game... e.g., only the first mission.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

I bought that very "pack" back in 1994 from a Radio Shack that was by my house. I could walk to it because I wasn't old enough to drive. There's only a single 3.5" floppy in there, and it's actually the Shareware version of the game... e.g., only the first mission.

Still the first level would make a great demo.   I could see playing that over and over again for a while, and then buying the rest of the game.