IGNORED

Doom : Slayer Edition

Sporadic

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, cubanismo said:

Was just sitting here bored, and had an idea for this one: what about mouselook support with the mouse adapters? I guess you'd need mouse+ joypad, one in each controller port, to simulate something like keyboard+mouse.

It's certainly an interesting idea. I'm not sure how mouse control would feel with Dooms frame rate though. It might be more frustrating than dpad. 

Mouse support requires reading the joystick registers very frequently (ideally about 2000 times per second), as opposed to only once per frame for the standard joypad. It may not be easy to integrate this into the Doom source code without causing performance impacts.

Still, an interesting idea indeed.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, samson7point1 said:

Just got my Jag GD today.  Before today I didn’t know Jaguar Doom had no music.  It’s so weird! Glad someone decided to fix it. I realize this project is done when it’s done, but is there some sort of burn down list to give some idea of what remains to be done?

We've been on a hiatus for some time now for various reasons. I don't really want to share our work list in case something isn't completed for whatever reason.  So yeah, done when it's done, I'm afraid ?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tripled79 said:

But I want it now!!!!!!!

What you need to do, is post in 5 or 6 different forums, demanding the game be released.  If at any time people make nasty replies, just tell them you are on meds.  After getting sympathy, repeat cycle 5 to 10 more times, getting more nasty each time.  It's a fun game, seems quite popular here.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

What you need to do, is post in 5 or 6 different forums, demanding the game be released.  If at any time people make nasty replies, just tell them you are on meds.  After getting sympathy, repeat cycle 5 to 10 more times, getting more nasty each time.  It's a fun game, seems quite popular here.

Ha, with how old some of us are, if we aren't on some kind of medication, I would be shocked.  Hell, I take some meds "because you hit 40". 

Can I say I need Jaguar Doom: Slayer Edition so I can test it out on my VCS?

On 12/31/2020 at 9:05 PM, leech said:

Ha, with how old some of us are, if we aren't on some kind of medication, I would be shocked.  Hell, I take some meds "because you hit 40". 

Can I say I need Jaguar Doom: Slayer Edition so I can test it out on my VCS?

Has Doom ever been ported to the 2600?

15 minutes ago, tripled79 said:

Has Doom ever been ported to the 2600?

Ha, I did get Virtual Jaguar to run on the VCS, played some Dragon: Bruce Lee Story and couldn't even beat the first guy on easy!  I thought I used to be okay at it... couldn't get Ultra Vortek to load.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Awesome, wonder what other total conversion doom wads could happen on jag without requiring so much memory it is impracticle... I know there's wads that basically re-skin doom as quake, blakestone, duke 3d, Blood, etc. would be neat to have a pseudo version of any of those titles on jag through the doom engine.

Edited by sirlynxalot
  • Like 1