IGNORED

Doom : Slayer Edition

Sporadic

Hey @JagChris

Kindly stop slagging this project on facebook and elsewhere.  I know none of your friends are involved, it must be so irritating for you.

Everyone involved with this project has a proven track record.  Please, remind us all again, what was the last thing you did for the community?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Please, remind us all again, what was the last thing you did for the community?

Talked to someone, that knew somebody, that talked about the Jag once and said it was PSX level and should be playing Quake, and Rebellion was lazy!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

• 9 months later...
11 hours ago, mario64 said:

Rest In Peace GIF by Kochstrasse™

The only RIPing that's happening is one that's followed by TEARING. 

We haven't made all the changes/fixes we have only for them to be lost in hell. However, due to reasons, we have been on hiatus.

Any worthwhile updates will be posted here.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

• 10 months later...

Meanwhile in 32X land they’re doing a whole lot more than this vaporware thing ever dreamed of. Poor old Jaguar.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/6269/

This patch completely replaces the original engine, adding performance improvements and new features, as well as missing levels from the Jaguar port.

Changes:

• Includes levels that were omitted from the original release.
  • Network support via the Zero Tolerance (aka Technopop) link cable.
  • Splitscreen coop and deathmatch modes.
  • The Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind have been re-added to the game.
  • New title screen that resembles the Saturn and PlayStation versions.
  • The iconic screen melt effect for scene changes.
  • Rendering has been spread across both SH2 processors for better speed.
  • User input is processed at 30FPS, while game logic runs at 15FPS.
  • Low (two pixel modes) 128×144, 128×160, 160×180 and three high detail 224×128, 256×144, 320×180 video modes.
  • Anamorphic widescreen support for 16:9 screens.
  • Mip-mapping for walls and flats.
  • Improved visual fidelity (aka ‘high color’) mode.
  • FM Synth soundtrack courtesy of Spoony Bard.
  • Selecting between no music, VGM FM music, 32X+, or playing music from attached Sega CD (requires Sega CD in addition to 32X).
  • Sound driver that uses the Sega CD hardware to offload sound mixing from the 32X.
  • Stereo panning for game sounds.
  • Controller hot plugging support.
  • Save ram support - keeps track of finished levels, health, armor, weapons and ammo - eight save slots as well as an auto-save at the end of each level.
  • Restores sprite directions from the Jaguar version as well as in-fighting between monsters. 
  • A new port of “Slough of Despair” and level fixes courtesy of Wavy.
  • Spectres look the way they did in the original PC version.
  • Jaguar Doom HUD assets.
  • Three drawing modes: the regular sector based lighting (although it’s better than the original Doom 32X in that sprites also use this lighting, no more 100% bright sprites!), “potato” mode which doesn’t texture floors or ceilings for slightly better speed, or the original Doom fading light rendering (which is just a smidgen slower and looks a little muddy given the fifteen bit palette of the 32X).
  • ‘Always run’ option.
  • Anti-aliased automap with smooth scaling.
  • Support for three-button and six-button pads, as well as the Sega mouse. You can choose how to map the primary three buttons in the menu.
  • Verified as working on Kega Fusion 3.64, a Model 2 Genesis + Model 2 CD + launch 32X, a CDX + 32X, with a NeoFlash NeoMyth MD and the V1 Mega EverDrive, and also with Mega EverDrive Pro and MegaSD.
  • Support for 32X+ (CDDA tracks from CUE files) on the MegaSD flashcart.
  • Kill, item and secret counters on the automap.
  • “Skinface” intermission screen background.
  • Multi-region, supports both PAL and NTSC.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

Meanwhile in 32X land they’re doing a whole lot more than this vaporware thing ever dreamed of. Poor old Jaguar.

And you wonder why the people bringing these things in their own time just don't care anymore?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jgkspsx said:

No, I don’t. I know why. There’s only room for one meatball on top of this hill of spaghetti.

I have no idea what the hell that disrespectful comment means, but I am sure Jagchris will be along to click like any time now.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, jgkspsx said:

No, I don’t. I know why. There’s only room for one meatball on top of this hill of spaghetti.

People like you might as well write "I AM INSECURE" on your forehead with a permanent marker. It's essentially saying the same thing as your disrespectful posts towards those working on this game.

39 minutes ago, joeatari1 said:

Well, I look forward to this, whenever it comes out.  CJ and Sporadic, you do you in your own time.  I'm already a fan of your work.

We need more of these comments!

Thank you to all who have given your time, most of us appreciate it!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, PFG 9000 said:

Dear Slayer Edition team:  We love you and support you and hope you don't take one idiot's comments to heart.  We also really really really want to play Doom: Slayer Edition on our Jags.  

Thank you.

Seriously!  Been dying for a fixed / improved Doom.  I still have two copies of Doom from when my brother and I were trying to play it two player.  Sadly the bug with the JagLink made that impossible, and he sold his Jaguar ages ago...  But a friend of mine picked one up, so the possibility is still there!

• Like 5

On 8/26/2023 at 1:34 AM, jgkspsx said:

Yes, it's true. You're absolutely right. 
You're right because, on one hand, SEGA community is much, much, much larger than on Jaguar, so logically there are more programmers with the ability and desire to do this.
And secondly, there are logically fewer assholes who do nothing but talk shit, are totally incompetent in programming, but who still come to open their mouths and end up disgusting those who were competent for this kind of project.

At least, that's what makes sense to me. No ? 
What do you think about that? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DEATH said:

Yes, it's true. You're absolutely right. 
You're right because, on one hand, SEGA community is much, much, much larger than on Jaguar, so logically there are more programmers with the ability and desire to do this.
And secondly, there are logically fewer assholes who do nothing but talk shit, are totally incompetent in programming, but who still come to open their mouths and end up disgusting those who were competent for this kind of project.

At least, that's what makes sense to me. No ? 
What do you think about that? 

🤔🤷‍♂️

Marty Deeks Facts GIF by ION

• Like 1
  • Haha 3