IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season #11 - Game 3 - Vectron

1 minute ago, m-crew said:

Have you tried playing with an intellivision controller on emulation... I wonder how much of a difference the controller makes when you play these games.. Just curious..  Great score BTW !!!

No, haven't bothered trying as I was cheekily going for the bonus 3 points. I Would have thought the original would be better though. To be honest, I find I play better on nearly all games with the original controller.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bamse said:

No, haven't bothered trying as I was cheekily going for the bonus 3 points. I Would have thought the original would be better though. To be honest, I find I play better on nearly all games with the original controller.

you a master jedi  that's for sure ..... what ever saber you use...  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, m-crew said:

not sure ... but it really doesnt matter... lol  

No, not really. Its the playing that counts. Even if I come last the effort yields its own rewards :)Having

said that, if it doesn't get me the bonus points, I'm ditching the emu and going back to the real thing. Lol

Edited by Bamse
  • Haha 1

The emulation bonus doesn't say anything about what controller is used.  I can't stand the way this game has the buttons laid out on an intellivision controller.  Switching between left side and right side buttons is a pain.  The best controller might be a computer keyboard the way felson mapped them out.

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

The emulation bonus doesn't say anything about what controller is used.  I can't stand the way this game has the buttons laid out on an intellivision controller.  Switching between left side and right side buttons is a pain.  The best controller might be a computer keyboard the way felson mapped them out.

Yep the bonus is mainly to those who are confused by the game, but some can benefit from playing on emulation with a nice controller ?

7 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I'd say the disc is far better and more precise than a thumbstick.  For some reason I thought that with emulation my shots sometimes went through enemies; anyone notice this?  Maybe it's my old/slow computer.

Haven't noticed shots going through but it's annoying that sometimes if you fire too quickly that the shots cancel themselves before reaching the target. I suppose it's a sprite limitation.

8 hours ago, mr_me said:

I don't think the emulator has anything to do with the confusion for this game.

The game itself is a complete confusion, after level 3 . I never know how I die.. It's one of the worst games in my opinion.. lol but hey its just me and I love Coleco's Donkey Kong for the intellivision. lol

In levels 4,5,6 the yellow enemies will kill you upon touching your block. So you have to shoot them immediately.  After every three levels the enemies change completely so you have to figure that out.

Vectron is not a bad game; I typically don't like chasing high scores but the levels here are so quick I don't mind.  It's the left/right button controls that bother me.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2

Just now, mr_me said:

In levels 4,5,6 the yellow enemies will kill you upon touching your block. 

It's the left/right button controls that bother me.

Ohh !!!! and I still managed to get 85440 without knowing that... lmao going to try a game now that i know that..  I agree it challenging moving your block left and right .. To bad they didnt make top button and bottom button on same side of the controller to move left and right .. It would be easier to move block left and right because of the way i hold the controller...

10 minutes ago, mr_me said:

In levels 4,5,6 the yellow enemies will kill you upon touching your block. So you have to shoot them immediately.  After every three levels the enemies change completely so you have to figure that out.

Vectron is not a bad game; I typically don't like chasing high scores but the levels here are so quick I don't mind.  It's the left/right button controls that bother me.

Agree. It should be the top and bottom button on the right of the controller

• Like 1