IGNORED

Technical Difficulties BBS Software?

doctor_x

In the spirit of trying to broaden the number of titles and things to find as far as BBS software goes - I was on a facebook group this evening and someone mentioned a bbs software for atari called “Technical Difficulties XE” and a board called Tardis that ran it...

I did a cursory search and I didnt find any mention of it here so thought I would toss the info out to see if anyone else may already have it or if its already been discussed!

• 4 weeks later...

Technical Difficulties (or "TD") was written by a pair of guys in the Miami area.  It worked with MPP modems and required The Translator disk.

It later became Technical Difficulties XE ("TDXE") and required Basic XE.

One of the authors ran a BBS called "The Tardis" (not to be confused with Atardis or any other software package).

Edited by evilmoo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, evilmoo said:

Technical Difficulties (or "TD") was written by a pair of guys in the Miami area.  It worked with MPP modems and required The Translator disk.

It later became Technical Difficulties XE ("TDXE") and required Basic XE.

One of the authors ran a BBS called "The Tardis" (not to be confused with Atardis or any other software package).

Fantastic information!!!!! Another one to add to the hunt!!!! Evilm000000 if you have any further information or even memories about anything special about this bbs software if would be lovely to hear about them!

Edited by doctor_x
  • Like 1

A few more details, from one of the authors: "it started out life as an AMIS system, but we added an account system and message forum to make it look and feel like a FoReM system."

It was pretty popular in the Miami area, along with Carina (which was based out of Palm Beach).  I used to run the non-XE version long, long ago.  I'll ask around and see if I can find anyone who happens to still have it.

• 4 years later...