IGNORED

Astro Blaster and Moon Cresta - box option?

NostAlgae37

1 minute ago, Atarifever said:

Just curious: Does anyone order a game that has a box option and not select the box with it? I cannot imagine doing that.  It would be like ordering your favorite drink and saying "and please serve it to me in an old shoe instead of a glass." 

Yes, quite a few people do.

..Al

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Atarifever said:

Just curious: Does anyone order a game that has a box option and not select the box with it? I cannot imagine doing that.  It would be like ordering your favorite drink and saying "and please serve it to me in an old shoe instead of a glass." 

I can't bring myself to not purchase the box when it's available but I'm running out of room to display boxes. I've considered only buying carts.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Atarifever said:

You can't imagine ordering a game without a fancy piece of paper that doesn't affect the performance of said item at all? Huh.

(that being said, I love Marc O's art design)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Atarifever said:

Me. I have no use for a box it just sits on a shelf taking up space.

• Like 2

Me too, because it adds to the size and cost, all of which drive the cost up dramatically when customs get their hands on it at this end. The cheaper and more discreet a package is, the less likely customs are to notice it... Sadly very little slips through these days.

Edited by juansolo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, GoldenWheels said:

You can't imagine ordering a game without a fancy piece of paper that doesn't affect the performance of said item at all? Huh.

When I buy games for a 30+ year old system instead of much bigger games for cheaper on brand new hardware where the games don't even take up any physical space or physically exist at all?  Yes. Glass houses etc.  :)

8 hours ago, cvga said:

I can't bring myself to not purchase the box when it's available but I'm running out of room to display boxes. I've considered only buying carts.

I just started selling all my other systems and games.  It was just as well.  I only really play the Atari stuff anyway.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Albert said:

I know I have boxes for Moon Cresta. Let me check on Astro Blaster. 

..Al

11 hours ago, Albert said:

Yes, Astro Blaster was available with a box in the store for some time.  I only recently removed the box as I depleted my box supply.  I will be getting more boxes printed for it, though.  I'll check to see if I have any extras, but I don't think I do.

..Al

Oh well, I guess I know what I'll be ordering next time there is another sale in the store.  :party:

I can barely afford the games!!

I am aware of the art on the boxes looks cool. Does nothing to the game tho. I threw out some boxes in the last 4 years of 3 atari games not homebrews. Got creased cause I dont care for them and went recycling like all the old atari boxes I had.

I usually cringe when the only way to get something is buy a box. I wish it could go to someone that just looks at the atari collection.(( Search Ed Bassmaster "just look at it" on you tube..lol..)) I play the carts ramming them in and out like its the 80s "oh yeah!" ? I understand the work the boxes take and find them amazing but to me that is very little of the game. Manuals I always kept as needed for the story, directions, and high score records.

Edited by Jinks