IGNORED

And another thing....

StanJr

Sometimes when I do a search in the 2600 rarity guide, after the search is complete, the "new search" box is merged with the "advanced search" button and the "search" button is where the "advanced search" button should be. This makes it impossible to enter anything into the search field or to start a new search. This may just be me again, if so let me know and I will capture it for you.

Stirring up trouble Stan

I'm not sure what that is, it's possible that it's a 6.0 problem. Sometimes using IE I've seen images that don't render properly, appearing cropped. They're fine after I refresh, so I'm guessing that's a browser rendering issue. Not sure if I've seen that in Mozilla/Navigator6.2 or Opera though.

If at all possible, I'd recommend an upgrade to 6.2. I can't remember if their's some reason you said you can't do that.

I remember when 6.0 first came out, it was considered so buggy that we were told not to even try to code for it, assuming that nobody would use it or it would quickly be upgraded (I was at 3M at the time). It caused all kinds of Javasrcript nightmares, among other things. I remember people complaining that they couldn't uninstall it once it was on their machine!

Hello Albert,

A new version of Mozilla was just released, version 0.9.6.

Thanks I've just installed it looks good so far, although I am using Konqueror(KDE GNU/Linux) right now. I fear it will be a while before I can ever run IE with Tux standing guard.

Cutter

quote:

Originally posted by cutter:

Thanks I've just installed it looks good so far, although I am using Konqueror(KDE GNU/Linux) right now. I fear it will be a while before I can ever run IE with Tux standing guard.

Hi Cutter!

I'm really impressed with the latest version of Mozilla. The new tab functionality is great and very addictive. The rendering gets better all the time and is very fast. A version or two ago the message boards here on AtariAge didn't look that great in Mozilla, but they look much better now. I also like the built-in pop-up prevention, although there's no UI for it yet (it should be in the next version!) And it seems to be pretty stable, I haven't had it crash on me yet. And the email client works better for IMAP servers than Outlook Express.

..Al

Personally, I'm still using Netscape 4.0 It doesn't do some things properly, and trying to get through to some of the screenshots and such takes a bit of work... but every time I upgrade by browser, I'm apalled by how much slower it ends up being. Netscape 4.0 is lightning fast (second only to Lynx of course). I've tried Mozilla before, but it always seems way to bloated, and I don't even use half of the features it sports. I was looking forward to using Galeon (basically Mozilla-light), but I haven't been able to get it to compile properly yet Konqueror sounds good, but I'm trying to avoid installing Qt if at all possible. For some reason, all the Qt/KDE stuff just rubs me the wrong way.

--Zero