• Nova blast
    • Street fighter
    • Dracula
    • Microsurgeon
    • Frogger
    • Beamrider
    • Truckin

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Tron Deadly Discs and Utopia for sure. Not really interested in rehashed/reimagined versions of common games that are not Intellivision-centric that I can play on other (multiple) systems I've owned for decades - or would not/might not/probably not lend themselves well to such a controller. Like Street Fighter... or is that a joke?

Out of the gate, I'm looking forward to the Intellivision originals enhanced for Amico. All of the sports games. Most all of the other exclusive originals as well.

• Like 1

Galaga and Pac-Man have recent phone app enhanced versions that play well and look very modern, so I didn't select those.  Street Fighter is getting a lot of love from Digital Eclipse's Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection and Street Fighter IV Alpha and other recent entries.  

Utopia I think can use a reboot, something with a bit more bells and whistles, complexity, but not the gate-keeping level of complexity a Sim-Earth brought or other nation-building games bring, where you need a few hours to get your bearings and figure out if you're doing things successfully or not.

Karateka or Kung-Fu would make excellent upgrades, Microsurgeon could have a very modern look and the simple premise expanded to something much more familiar as an Innerspace experience.  Treasure of Tarmin - sure, an easy to navigate RPG would be a blast, an unlicensed D&D fantasy adventure that doesn't get caught up in submenus and abilities - which I may like, but the general consumer, perhaps not. 

Marble Madness would be a great title to upgrade and launch, it has an easy premise and the controller/gyroscope may make it even more entertaining.  A lot of fun was to be had on the Wii with Marble Saga Kororinpa and Mercury Meltdown Revolution - both gyroscopic guide-the-marble/guide-the-puddle games through obstacles.  Obscure, but if the Wii wasn't oversaturated with shovelware, I think could've stood out.

Finally Dracula I think is a great title, a cartoonish vampire cruising the streets is a fun premise, one the public could adopt.

Others I think have been updated fairly recently, fairly often (Frogger), or just less familiar/could be a later wave of reimagined classics.

All of them?  Just to narrow it down, I picked:

Treasure of Tarmin, Dracula, Demon Attack and Tron Deadly Discs.  Utopia would be cool, too, as it's so Iconic as an Intellivision title.

My #1 choice wouod be a version of AD&D Cloudy Mountain.

I don't really need more versions of Pac Man or Galaga. Not that they wouldn't be good, but I've already got a million choices to play modern version of those.

Edited by BydoEmpire
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, carlsson said:

Would Street Fighter even be within the family friendly realm of the system? I'll admit I haven't followed the progress lately so perhaps a little bit of violence and gore would be OK. Karateka probably is easier as you're just kicking down the bad guys.

The plan for the Amico is to avoid violence and gore.

That's what the other systems are for!?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, carlsson said:

Would Street Fighter even be within the family friendly realm of the system? I'll admit I haven't followed the progress lately so perhaps a little bit of violence and gore would be OK. Karateka probably is easier as you're just kicking down the bad guys.

Capcom made one for the Saturn that had all the characters as kids, if I recall correctly. >>google>> Yeah! Here it is! Pocket Fighter

s-l300.jpg

pocket-fighter-fight-4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Regarding Street Fighter II - I think an older game like Karate Champ or Yie Ar Kung Fu would be appropriate as its premise is "martial arts tournament."  Lots of families have kids enrolled in martial arts training classes, so I could see that fitting into the Amico library.  Karateka would probably fit as well.

Outside the poll choices, there are a couple arcade ports I would particularly like to see on the Amico.  One is Baby Pac-Man, because I don't think that's ever been done on any console!  The same goes for "I, Robot" which would have been perfect for the Atari Jaguar in retrospect.

I also think Klax would be a good title, and it could allow for two people to play separately, just as in the arcade and NES port.

• Like 1

Personally, I don't see the point of remaking tons of old games, unless they comes with a different or a significantly upddated game play (simply adding some power ups here and there won't be enough). I can understand having a few for the nostalgia factor, but we're not in the 80s anymore and people would be bored to death quite quickly with games like Galaga or Demon Attack (there's already a remake of Astrosmash anyway).

Now a remake of Utopia, absolutely! The concept could easily be expanded in several directions. Another game that I think has a lot of potential is Sea Battle.

Other than that, Microsurgeon could also be interesting if the new game becomes "scientifically accurate". Tron Deadly Discs and AD&D Cloudy Mountain also have potential (but I think Treasure of Tarmin does not). Maybe Frog Bog can be reimagined too.

On the other hand, games like Karateka or, even worse, Street Fighter have no place on Amico (E10+).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, save2600 said:

Tron Deadly Discs and Utopia for sure. Not really interested in rehashed/reimagined versions of common games that are not Intellivision-centric that I can play on other (multiple) systems I've owned for decades - or would not/might not/probably not lend themselves well to such a controller. Like Street Fighter... or is that a joke?

Out of the gate, I'm looking forward to the Intellivision originals enhanced for Amico. All of the sports games. Most all of the other exclusive originals as well.

a beat em up like street fighter is mandatory for any system, maybe we will have an original one, agree that it must be not full of violence

I like AD&D and Thunder Castle just the way they are.  I want to see Intellivision games that had significant flaws get remade.  Looking forward to seeing the new Microsurgeon although I'm disappointed it's not first person perspective.  Any game that gets remade will have new game play features and multiplayer modes.

Regarding beatemups and fighting games; Bad Dudes, Kung Fu Master, and Boxing have already been announced for remake.   Looking forward to seeing Boxing.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1