• Dracula
    • Microsurgeon
    • Frogger
    • Beamrider
    • Truckin

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2019 at 7:04 PM, RT12 Productions said:

I longing to see my favorite HORSE RACING game in its new Amico port!!  I do hope it'll be every bit as good as the successful original.  A brand-new Rainbow Thoroughbred Stables with a lot of new colored horses (besides the original roster of 8).  Choose your own jockey.  Choose your own post position (stall at the starting gate).  More/new/better wagering options.

This was done pretty wel on the Neo Geo back in the day. I would love to see an Amico treatment but am not sure the audience would be big enough to get their attention. Maybe 200 of us would buy/play it? I would

but I think there are not a lot of us that would be into it. 

hmmm...

Since anything worth doing is worth overdoing (my family motto), how about Horse Racing but with links to actual OTB for different states? 

52 minutes ago, First Spear said:

This was done pretty wel on the Neo Geo back in the day. I would love to see an Amico treatment but am not sure the audience would be big enough to get their attention. Maybe 200 of us would buy/play it? I would

but I think there are not a lot of us that would be into it. 

hmmm...

Since anything worth doing is worth overdoing (my family motto), how about Horse Racing but with links to actual OTB for different states? 

I would love Horse Racing for the Amico,I had a great time with it on the intellivision. 

And it was too bad they didnt include the Neo Geo Horse Racing game on all the mini units,I really wanted to play it because I heard it was really good.

I vote for a version for the Amico with OTB from wherever we are!?

Without real money of course.

5 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Love to see a rpg/dungeon crawl type game and a game like street fighter. I doubt we will see the later in any form.

Tommy has made mention that there will be a re-imagined version of Cloudy Mountain...with a hint that it might just carry the original name as well...if they can secure it.  Hopefully, fingers crossed.  I do have to say that this new young generation seems to be into D&D and many of the old dice based/RPG games we used to play. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

I would love Horse Racing for the Amico,I had a great time with it on the intellivision. 

And it was too bad they didnt include the Neo Geo Horse Racing game on all the mini units,I really wanted to play it because I heard it was really good.

I vote for a version for the Amico with OTB from wherever we are!?

Without real money of course.

Neo4All works really, really well on the Dreamcast. If you are on a budget and want to play Neo games, an inexpensive DC setup will get you where you want to be with that. 

Now, to make this Inty-related, I wonder about the level-of-effort to make the Amico hardware be something other than an Amico (for example, the way Neo4All makes a Dreamcast emulate a Neo Geo).

48 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

Tommy has made mention that there will be a re-imagined version of Cloudy Mountain...with a hint that it might just carry the original name as well...if they can secure it.  Hopefully, fingers crossed.  I do have to say that this new young generation seems to be into D&D and many of the old dice based/RPG games we used to play. 

I've always wanted to get into D&D and my family FINALLY started this year. I don't have many Intv games but that one was one of them and I loved it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't really need more versions of Pac Man or Galaga. Not that they wouldn't be good, but I've already got a million choices to play modern version of those.

Not that it’s a remake of an Intellivision game or anything, but I wonder if a PAC Man Vs remake would work on the Amico? I mean, not sure what exactly the controllers are capable of from a display standpoint. But I’ll tell you, I absolutely loved that game on the GCN. And I feel like the Amico is the first console since then that could possibly make that work. Any possibilities Tommy??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/25/2019 at 10:37 AM, MrBeefy said:

Love to see a rpg/dungeon crawl type game and a game like street fighter. I doubt we will see the later in any form.

YES PLEASE!!!  Something like Rogue Touch on iOS please!  

And a fighter like Powerstone on Dreamcast or Tobal #2 on PS1 please!

And updates to Activision games River Raid and Pitfall 2!! 

These above are system sellers for me if done correctly.

Rick

2 hours ago, Metal Ghost said:

Not that it’s a remake of an Intellivision game or anything, but I wonder if a PAC Man Vs remake would work on the Amico? I mean, not sure what exactly the controllers are capable of from a display standpoint. But I’ll tell you, I absolutely loved that game on the GCN. And I feel like the Amico is the first console since then that could possibly make that work. Any possibilities Tommy??

Great multiplayer game. My family had so much fun with it. I don't think I ever played the platformer game that came with it. ?

5 hours ago, Metal Ghost said:

I've thought the same thing about Dig Dug.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 9:20 PM, Metal Ghost said:

They are remaking the pacman ripoff, Locknchase.  It will of course have local multiplayer modes.  My guess is all the action will be on the main screen, but we'll see.  TT has said he's not in favour of split screens.  I'm surprised they didn't go after the pacman license, it shouldn't be hard to get.  

9 hours ago, jbellanca said:

Really hoping for Mind Strike. Played that for hours and hours with my Dad in the '80s, all the time. Still love it.

This is one game that's sadly missing from the intellivision lives and flashback compilations (it is on intellivision rocks).  Would only need a minor hack to eliminate the keyboard.  I doubt it will get an Amico re-make anytime soon but they should include it for emulation.

On 12/25/2019 at 4:00 PM, First Spear said:

Neo4All works really, really well on the Dreamcast. If you are on a budget and want to play Neo games, an inexpensive DC setup will get you where you want to be with that. 

Now, to make this Inty-related, I wonder about the level-of-effort to make the Amico hardware be something other than an Amico (for example, the way Neo4All makes a Dreamcast emulate a Neo Geo).

Can't a raspberry pi emulate neo geo?  I would think Amico hardware can too but other than an intellivision emulator there's no mention of emulating old systems.

Thinking about it some more, besides Mind Strike, I know they're remaking/reimagining AD&D Cloudy Mountain, which is great, but I'd also like to see a remake/reskin using the early mockup artwork that was in the catalogs for a while. Maybe also Swords & Serpents - that's another one I played with my Dad for hours on end. (Until I got this letter back from Imagic, anyway: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jbellanca/28518161411/in/album-72157667192338531/ )

Edited by jbellanca
  • Like 2

I know Activision aren't on board yet and are doing a wait and see first but seeing as your list has Beamrider on it, I want to add 2 more Activision titles I'd love to see Amico versions of; The Dreadnought Factor and H.E.R.O. I know TT is prioritizing Pitfall if Amico sales are high enough for Activision to say yes and that is great.  Would LOVE to see an updated Pitfall but after that, I'd be equally excited for updates on DF and HERO.  And Beamrider of course.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

If anyone knowA Galcon or Eufloria I would love to see a new version of those.  Both are great games of a genre I’m not sure how to label.   I’ve bought Eufloria for iOS, Android and Steam just to support the developer.   

Before I read the second half of the first sentence and realized they were game titles, I briefly thought you were naming your imaginary friends. I guess I was glad the balance of the sentence clarified that for me. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Before I read the second half of the first sentence and realized they were game titles, I briefly thought you were naming your imaginary friends. I guess I was glad the balance of the sentence clarified that for me. 

My imaginary friends are never mean to me and would offer me their full colour manuals.   Just saying.  

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 9/11/2019 at 11:07 AM, Tommy Tallarico said:

Count on it.  :)

EWJ is going to be a game like NO ONE has ever played before.  Folks who are thinking we are just doing another 2D side scrolling platform game 25 years later.... are sadly mistaken.  There is going to be something in there for everyone (there are going to be platform elements sometimes as well).  But just not catering to hardcore Genesis/SNES crowd.  Going to be something very special.

Like a kid party game compilation?  ?

• Like 1