• Nova blast
    • Street fighter
    • Dracula
    • Microsurgeon
    • Frogger
    • Beamrider
    • Truckin

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Now that we know that shooting people will not be possible in the Amico games, and we will be using weapons against robots, I'm looking forward to see lots of robot violence in the system.

4 player split screen FPS with robots, smash bros style fighting games with robots, etc.

Thanks to the focus in gameplay over graphics, the Amico will be able to implement very fluid 4p split screen modes, and who knows, maybe they can try 6p expanding to the sides thanks to the extra space wide screens provide.

I think Tarmin would not be a good choice. It would be compared to Dungeon Master and probably not favorably. The appeal would not be that wide either in terms of addressing the mass market I think a Intellivision Inc is going for. I would love to be wrong, and would play it personally, but does not have “pick up and play” vibes like other games, would be hard to couch co-op, and it would be hard to make it groundbreaking when so many other games from similarly-powered console already exist. 

53 minutes ago, First Spear said:

I think Tarmin would not be a good choice. It would be compared to Dungeon Master and probably not favorably. The appeal would not be that wide either in terms of addressing the mass market I think a Intellivision Inc is going for. I would love to be wrong, and would play it personally, but does not have “pick up and play” vibes like other games, would be hard to couch co-op, and it would be hard to make it groundbreaking when so many other games from similarly-powered console already exist. 

Cloudy Mountain may work better as an updated remake, and could be made into a multiiplayer dungeon crawler that is much easier to pick up and play than Tarmin would.

17 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Cloudy Mountain may work better as an updated remake, and could be made into a multiiplayer dungeon crawler that is much easier to pick up and play than Tarmin would.

Agree.  I just wonder how they would do a multiplayer dungeon crawl if two people move in opposite directions off either side of the screen.  How would it split up the action?  I can't seem to picture that one...

Just now, atarifan88 said:

Agree.  I just wonder how they would do a multiplayer dungeon crawl if two people move in opposite directions off either side of the screen.  How would it split up the action?  I can't seem to picture that one...

They may need to move together in order to progress, or have a split screen.  Something like that.

8 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

Well, another option for a 3D FPS on the Amico would be a water gun shooter:

I just learned that this thing exists. It appears that it was "E Rated", so it would be possible on the Amico. It had 4 player split screen.

I still prefer robots though...

An FPS with water-guns.  That is a pretty solid idea.  I, myself, just had a water-gun fight with my son and a kid we were watching this weekend.  Something like this on the Amico would be great IMO.  Also, a football game along the lines of 'Mutant League Football' would be great to see, minus the blood and violence of course.  Just my two cents on things.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2019 at 11:56 AM, atarifan88 said:

I put some time overthinking on this one a few years ago. I could imagine an update, and this is on the classic console, where one player is "central" and the other has to move in the same space all the time, no split-screen. Similar to Swords and Serpents where the knight is truly in the middle and the world scrolls around him while the wizard doesn't control the view-camera. Or kind of like Auto Racing where the lead car tends to control the screen view.

I longing to see my favorite HORSE RACING game in its new Amico port!!  I do hope it'll be every bit as good as the successful original.  A brand-new Rainbow Thoroughbred Stables with a lot of new colored horses (besides the original roster of 8).  Choose your own jockey.  Choose your own post position (stall at the starting gate).  More/new/better wagering options.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2019 at 9:36 AM, carlsson said:

Would Street Fighter even be within the family friendly realm of the system? I'll admit I haven't followed the progress lately so perhaps a little bit of violence and gore would be OK. Karateka probably is easier as you're just kicking down the bad guys.

How about Pillow Fighter?

• Haha 1