Jump to content
vprette

Amico: what game you hope to see

what title for Amico  

79 members have voted

  1. 1. what title for Amico

    • Utopia
      33
    • Galaga
      16
    • Karateka
      8
    • Marble madness
      14
    • Tron deadly disc
      35
    • Treasure of Tarmin
      34
    • Pac man
      9
    • Demon attack
      23
    • Nova blast
      4
    • Street fighter
      5
    • Dracula
      22
    • Microsurgeon
      15
    • Frogger
      11
    • Beamrider
      15
    • Truckin
      8


Recommended Posts

On 10/23/2019 at 7:04 PM, RT12 Productions said:

I longing to see my favorite HORSE RACING game in its new Amico port!!  I do hope it'll be every bit as good as the successful original.  A brand-new Rainbow Thoroughbred Stables with a lot of new colored horses (besides the original roster of 8).  Choose your own jockey.  Choose your own post position (stall at the starting gate).  More/new/better wagering options.

This was done pretty wel on the Neo Geo back in the day. I would love to see an Amico treatment but am not sure the audience would be big enough to get their attention. Maybe 200 of us would buy/play it? I would

but I think there are not a lot of us that would be into it. 
 

hmmm...

 

Since anything worth doing is worth overdoing (my family motto), how about Horse Racing but with links to actual OTB for different states? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, First Spear said:

This was done pretty wel on the Neo Geo back in the day. I would love to see an Amico treatment but am not sure the audience would be big enough to get their attention. Maybe 200 of us would buy/play it? I would

but I think there are not a lot of us that would be into it. 
 

hmmm...

 

Since anything worth doing is worth overdoing (my family motto), how about Horse Racing but with links to actual OTB for different states? 

I would love Horse Racing for the Amico,I had a great time with it on the intellivision. 

And it was too bad they didnt include the Neo Geo Horse Racing game on all the mini units,I really wanted to play it because I heard it was really good.

I vote for a version for the Amico with OTB from wherever we are!👍

Without real money of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love to see a rpg/dungeon crawl type game and a game like street fighter. I doubt we will see the later in any form.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Love to see a rpg/dungeon crawl type game and a game like street fighter. I doubt we will see the later in any form.

Tommy has made mention that there will be a re-imagined version of Cloudy Mountain...with a hint that it might just carry the original name as well...if they can secure it.  Hopefully, fingers crossed.  I do have to say that this new young generation seems to be into D&D and many of the old dice based/RPG games we used to play. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

I would love Horse Racing for the Amico,I had a great time with it on the intellivision. 

And it was too bad they didnt include the Neo Geo Horse Racing game on all the mini units,I really wanted to play it because I heard it was really good.

I vote for a version for the Amico with OTB from wherever we are!👍

Without real money of course.

Neo4All works really, really well on the Dreamcast. If you are on a budget and want to play Neo games, an inexpensive DC setup will get you where you want to be with that. 

 

Now, to make this Inty-related, I wonder about the level-of-effort to make the Amico hardware be something other than an Amico (for example, the way Neo4All makes a Dreamcast emulate a Neo Geo).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

Tommy has made mention that there will be a re-imagined version of Cloudy Mountain...with a hint that it might just carry the original name as well...if they can secure it.  Hopefully, fingers crossed.  I do have to say that this new young generation seems to be into D&D and many of the old dice based/RPG games we used to play. 

I've always wanted to get into D&D and my family FINALLY started this year. I don't have many Intv games but that one was one of them and I loved it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2019 at 10:04 PM, Rev said:


How about Pillow Fighter?

Now I've got Sorority Pillow Fighter in my head...not so bad.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 
I don't really need more versions of Pac Man or Galaga. Not that they wouldn't be good, but I've already got a million choices to play modern version of those.


Not that it’s a remake of an Intellivision game or anything, but I wonder if a PAC Man Vs remake would work on the Amico? I mean, not sure what exactly the controllers are capable of from a display standpoint. But I’ll tell you, I absolutely loved that game on the GCN. And I feel like the Amico is the first console since then that could possibly make that work. Any possibilities Tommy??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2019 at 10:37 AM, MrBeefy said:

Love to see a rpg/dungeon crawl type game and a game like street fighter. I doubt we will see the later in any form.

YES PLEASE!!!  Something like Rogue Touch on iOS please!  

And a fighter like Powerstone on Dreamcast or Tobal #2 on PS1 please!

 

And updates to Activision games River Raid and Pitfall 2!! 

 

These above are system sellers for me if done correctly.

 

Rick

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Metal Ghost said:

 


Not that it’s a remake of an Intellivision game or anything, but I wonder if a PAC Man Vs remake would work on the Amico? I mean, not sure what exactly the controllers are capable of from a display standpoint. But I’ll tell you, I absolutely loved that game on the GCN. And I feel like the Amico is the first console since then that could possibly make that work. Any possibilities Tommy??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Great multiplayer game. My family had so much fun with it. I don't think I ever played the platformer game that came with it. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Metal Ghost said:

 


Not that it’s a remake of an Intellivision game or anything, but I wonder if a PAC Man Vs remake would work on the Amico? I mean, not sure what exactly the controllers are capable of from a display standpoint. But I’ll tell you, I absolutely loved that game on the GCN. And I feel like the Amico is the first console since then that could possibly make that work. Any possibilities Tommy??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

I've thought the same thing about Dig Dug.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2020 at 9:20 PM, Metal Ghost said:

 


Not that it’s a remake of an Intellivision game or anything, but I wonder if a PAC Man Vs remake would work on the Amico? I mean, not sure what exactly the controllers are capable of from a display standpoint. But I’ll tell you, I absolutely loved that game on the GCN. And I feel like the Amico is the first console since then that could possibly make that work. Any possibilities Tommy??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

They are remaking the pacman ripoff, Locknchase.  It will of course have local multiplayer modes.  My guess is all the action will be on the main screen, but we'll see.  TT has said he's not in favour of split screens.  I'm surprised they didn't go after the pacman license, it shouldn't be hard to get.  

 

9 hours ago, jbellanca said:

Really hoping for Mind Strike. Played that for hours and hours with my Dad in the '80s, all the time. Still love it.

This is one game that's sadly missing from the intellivision lives and flashback compilations (it is on intellivision rocks).  Would only need a minor hack to eliminate the keyboard.  I doubt it will get an Amico re-make anytime soon but they should include it for emulation.

 

On 12/25/2019 at 4:00 PM, First Spear said:

Neo4All works really, really well on the Dreamcast. If you are on a budget and want to play Neo games, an inexpensive DC setup will get you where you want to be with that. 

 

Now, to make this Inty-related, I wonder about the level-of-effort to make the Amico hardware be something other than an Amico (for example, the way Neo4All makes a Dreamcast emulate a Neo Geo).

Can't a raspberry pi emulate neo geo?  I would think Amico hardware can too but other than an intellivision emulator there's no mention of emulating old systems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking about it some more, besides Mind Strike, I know they're remaking/reimagining AD&D Cloudy Mountain, which is great, but I'd also like to see a remake/reskin using the early mockup artwork that was in the catalogs for a while. Maybe also Swords & Serpents - that's another one I played with my Dad for hours on end. (Until I got this letter back from Imagic, anyway: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jbellanca/28518161411/in/album-72157667192338531/ )

 

Edited by jbellanca
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Activision aren't on board yet and are doing a wait and see first but seeing as your list has Beamrider on it, I want to add 2 more Activision titles I'd love to see Amico versions of; The Dreadnought Factor and H.E.R.O. I know TT is prioritizing Pitfall if Amico sales are high enough for Activision to say yes and that is great.  Would LOVE to see an updated Pitfall but after that, I'd be equally excited for updates on DF and HERO.  And Beamrider of course.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone knowA Galcon or Eufloria I would love to see a new version of those.  Both are great games of a genre I’m not sure how to label.   I’ve bought Eufloria for iOS, Android and Steam just to support the developer.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

If anyone knowA Galcon or Eufloria I would love to see a new version of those.  Both are great games of a genre I’m not sure how to label.   I’ve bought Eufloria for iOS, Android and Steam just to support the developer.   

Before I read the second half of the first sentence and realized they were game titles, I briefly thought you were naming your imaginary friends. I guess I was glad the balance of the sentence clarified that for me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Before I read the second half of the first sentence and realized they were game titles, I briefly thought you were naming your imaginary friends. I guess I was glad the balance of the sentence clarified that for me. 

My imaginary friends are never mean to me and would offer me their full colour manuals.   Just saying.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...