IGNORED

Hustle Chumy and "SGM Required"?

Ikrananka

This is really a question for CollectorVision.  I'm checking out some of the games I bought this year and updating the ColecoVision Collector's List at the same time.  So, I got to Hustle Chumy and saw the "Super Game Module Required" logo on the box.  Checking out the instructions there's no mention of an SGM being required (although the Credits do state "SGM ColecoVision's conversion by Crazy Boss") and when playing the game on a stock system (no SGM) it appears to play and sound exactly the same as when I play it with an SGM attached.

So, my question is if the "SGM Required" logo on the box is a mistake or if there is some subtle benefit that the SGM provides that I'm just not seeing or hearing? 

Edited by Ikrananka

11 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

This is really a question for CollectorVision.  I'm checking out some of the games I bought this year and updating the ColecoVision Collector's List at the same time.  So, I got to Hustle Chumy and saw the "Super Game Module Required" logo on the box.  Checking out the instructions there's no mention of an SGM being required (although the Credits do state "SGM ColecoVision's conversion by Crazy Boss") and when playing the game on a stock system (no SGM) it appears to play and sound exactly the same as when I play it with an SGM attached.

So, my question is if the "SGM Required" logo on the box is a mistake or if there is some subtle benefit that the SGM provides that I'm just not seeing or hearing? 

I might be wrong (I was not involved into this project at all) but I think the SGM is optional for this one
It must enhanced sound/music when SGM is used 

1 minute ago, retroillucid said:

I might be wrong (I was not involved into this project at all) but I think the SGM is optional for this one
It must enhanced sound/music when SGM is used 

Would it be possible to get confirmation of that J-F?  I'd like to get the correct info for the Collector's List and will note it as improving sound/music if that's the case.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I think it is partly my fault. When I do the packaging and manual, most of the time I only have a rom (beta or not) and no memo or instruction from the author or programmer. There’s a lot of guessing in all I write and sometimes I don’t have the capacity to test everything.

As this game is a port of the SG-1000 or 3000 version, I must have thought that you needed the SGM to run it. My bad, sorry.

4 hours ago, Crapahute said:

I think it is partly my fault. When I do the packaging and manual, most of the time I only have a rom (beta or not) and no memo or instruction from the author or programmer. There’s a lot of guessing in all I write and sometimes I don’t have the capacity to test everything.

As this game is a port of the SG-1000 or 3000 version, I must have thought that you needed the SGM to run it. My bad, sorry.

Ah - thanks for owning up ?  These things happen.