IGNORED

Super Space II bank selection help

FDOS

5 hours ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

have you seen this... #61

Yes, but it doesn't do what I asked for, and I'm currently so busy it will be weeks or a month or so before I can try to do it myself.  As most everyone who knows me are aware that my AL skills are minimal at best.  Most of my AL skills are with the TI Forth assembler, I just hope someone will take pity on me, and provide the CALL LINK method I requested.

Hi again,

While I do empathize with your situation as perceived, I'm not certain how accurate that perception is.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here... When you say "it" hmm, I'm not sure what you refer to.

I'm not familiar with the "Super Space II" or "BCART". Do you know if it is emulated? 

If the code in #62 is for the right purpose, I suppose I could attempt to adapt it to CALL LINK for you...

I imagine you just need 1,2,3 or 4 as an input variable to R0?

15 hours ago, FDOS said:

Seeking AL code that will allow RAM bank (0,1,2,3) selection from Basic using CALL LINK, as I will be using it for BCART programs, rather than Super Cart.

I am not familiar with BCART. Am I correct in presuming it is mapped to cartridge (CPU) RAM/ROM space, i.e., >6000 – >7FFF, and that banks are selected by writing to >6000, >6002, >6004, >6006?

...lee

8 hours ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

Hi again,

While I do empathize with your situation as perceived, I'm not certain how accurate that perception is.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here... When you say "it" hmm, I'm not sure what you refer to.

I'm not familiar with the "Super Space II" or "BCART". Do you know if it is emulated? 

If the code in #62 is for the right purpose, I suppose I could attempt to adapt it to CALL LINK for you...

I imagine you just need 1,2,3 or 4 as an input variable to R0?

Thank you for your reply.  Yes, CALL LINK is the best solution from Basic.  Actually, the four banks are designated 0,1,2 & 3.  If you are able to do this for me, maybe I have something that would be adequate compensation?  Name your poison, as I have tons of TI items for TI-99/4A/P & Geneve; including many hundreds of original and my own 3.5" & 5.25" diskettes.  I will eventually part with all the hardware, as I'm going emulation only.

Bill

1 hour ago, Lee Stewart said:

I am not familiar with BCART. Am I correct in presuming it is mapped to cartridge (CPU) RAM/ROM space, i.e., >6000 – >7FFF, and that banks are selected by writing to >6000, >6002, >6004, >6006?

...lee

Hi Lee, no it uses CRU addressing, as they are RAM only.

Bill

I wrote a GPL embedded set of routined to access SuperSpace banks but would only work in a GRAMULATOR or GRAM KRACKER using unused sections of TI Basic.

GRAMs in TI Basic on these above devices uses 8K instead of 6K like the original GROM chips. 

Additionally I put Editor Assembler Support routines into TI Basic for people to use but both would not fit at same time.

I again thank Tursi for help on this project.

4 hours ago, RXB said:

I wrote a GPL embedded set of routined to access SuperSpace banks but would only work in a GRAMULATOR or GRAM KRACKER using unused sections of TI Basic.

GRAMs in TI Basic on these above devices uses 8K instead of 6K like the original GROM chips. 

Additionally I put Editor Assembler Support routines into TI Basic for people to use but both would not fit at same time.

yES rICH

Edited by FDOS
I didn't know this was sent until after I sent the replacement, sorry.

3 hours ago, RXB said:

Yes, Rich I know, as I was the one who got Tursi (Mike Brent) involved due to a problem I encountered (when I say I, I mean everyone who was helping me with my TI Basic Plus (TIB+) project.  Which came about when I decided to use 8 banks of my 16 bank HSGPL card in my SNUG TI-99/4P system for 40K of GK MSAVEd TIB+ programs.  The other 8 banks would be used by modules that also supported TI Basic programs with useful AL code via CALL LINK.  About the same time one of us heard what you provided to someone else doing something similar as we, so we got a hold of your replacement TI BASIC, but discovered that it too had the same problem of access as the TI Editor Assembler when using CALL LINK from TIB+ programs running in MSAVEd GRAM.  Tursi is the one that found and fixed this problem, so I too thank him for this solution that I'm still using, after an absence from the TI scene of 7 years or so.  I also thank you for coming up with the original idea of embedding the CALLs to INIT, LOAD and LINK, which was also expanded for use in Winfred Winkler's 80 column version of Assembler & Editor, which I still use today.

However, due to my medical situation I'm moving all my software development (TIB+ and X4th99) emulation, by necessity, this has to be MAME, as TI-99/4P is my preferred target.  I do intend to keep my real TI-99/4P and all associated materials in order to verify complete compatibility.

Bill

• Like 1

On 9/7/2019 at 6:04 PM, HOME AUTOMATION said:

I hope this works!

OLD DSK2.FDOS
A=0,1,2 or 3

You can edit the disk #s in basic...
...but be sure BSCSUP can be found!

:)

FDOS.dsk 180 kB · 6 downloads

Give me some time, as I can't seem to get through the full process for all 4 selections without a mess up on my part (I forget to remove CALL INIT from the specific TIB+ program or in the BCART load process, either way forces me to start over).

Bill

2 hours ago, FDOS said:

Give me some time, as I can't seem to get through the full process for all 4 selections without a mess up on my part (I forget to remove CALL INIT from the specific TIB+ program or in the BCART load process, either way forces me to start over).

Bill

I was approaching the "solution" from the wrong direction.  I've simplified the process, so that even my old gray matter can handle the process.  I still have to find a suitable TIB+ program for the "0" bank.  Thanks again.

Bill

1 hour ago, FDOS said:

I was approaching the "solution" from the wrong direction.  I've simplified the process, so that even my old gray matter can handle the process.  I still have to find a suitable TIB+ program for the "0" bank.  Thanks again.

Bill

Well, I don't know what's going on.  Right now bank 0 & 1 are always the same, no matter which one I load, both banks are the same.  I thought, what I loaded into bank 2, was one I had previously loaded and tested in another bank, but it trashed bank 2, and thus far I've been unable to clear it or load any other basic program in it.  Please understand, that I'm doing this in MAME emulation, so I don't know if the problem might be in MAME or in the SUPER SPACE II cartridge dump located on the WHT web site for MAME use.  I will pass this info on to Michael Zapf who maintains and develops TI-Geneve part of MAME.

Bill

9 hours ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

I'm still interested...so,
let me know:
What Mame ver. you're using?
What command line entry you're using if any?
Where to find SUPER SPACE II cartridge dump image on WHT?
;-)

I'm very glad that you're still interested, as am I.  I'm using MAME V2.10b 64 bit that Michael Zapf sent me.  I, unsuccessfully, tried to attach both MAME and Super Space II cart: Index of /Cartridges/MAME on WHT.  I use batch files to launch specific type and configurations.  For Super Space II I'm using ti99_4a & b, as I was originally using the special version of MG GramKracker gromport_gkracker, which I also managed to destroy, and have not recovered it, yet.  Normally, I keep trying to do work-arounds until the desired operation works.  Just these last two very important to my TIB+ project have failed.  Many others have succeeded; specifically the MAME emulation of the SNUG TI-99/4P based on my memory, as my real SNUG TI-99/4P is down due to my inability to repair the EVPC card.  In order to attach a batch file, I have to rename it from ti99_4b.bat to ti99_4b.txt.  Before you ask ti99_4a has gromport_gkracker configuration.

Hopefully, this will be helpful to you.

Bill

10 hours ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

I'm still interested...so,
let me know:
What Mame ver. you're using?
What command line entry you're using if any?
Where to find SUPER SPACE II cartridge dump image on WHT?
;-)

Unless, you really understand MAME very well; my sending you a ti99_4b.txt won't be very helpful.  I use NotePad ++ to create all my configuration files, and they all include one or more HFDC harddrive images, and 4 x floppy diskette drives with specific images mounted, also a fully configured HORIZON 4000.  So, how do we proceed from here?  I'll do anything I can to help, but hands and fingers are my severe physical limitation.

Bill

The Index of /Cartridges/MAME on WHT has 3 other directories and a huge zip file of various carts. I still do not know what file you are trying to mount.
I still don't know if you're using SUPER SPACE II or BCART, Is there a difference.

The switching program I used said that it was for the SUPER SPACE II. I imagine a special command line is needed to activate the correct cartridge bank switching protocol in MAME. Dunno?

I generally use mess079b. I installed mame0213b_32bit last night, but could find no cartridge switching settings, SUPER SPACE II cartridge images or config. I also installed Ooeygui.

Without a working model... I've sort of been grasping at straws.

:roll:

49 minutes ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

The Index of /Cartridges/MAME on WHT has 3 other directories and a huge zip file of various carts. I still do not know what file you are trying to mount.
I still don't know if you're using SUPER SPACE II or BCART, Is there a difference.

The switching program I used said that it was for the SUPER SPACE II. I imagine a special command line is needed to activate the correct cartridge bank switching protocol in MAME. Dunno?

I generally use mess079b. I installed mame0213b_32bit last night, but could find no cartridge switching settings, SUPER SPACE II cartridge images or config. I also installed Ooeygui.

Without a working model... I've sort of been grasping at straws.

:roll:

OK, the switching mechanism is Super Space II CRU, as you have been doing.  Bcart is a program that allows saving TI Basic programs in SuperCart or Super Space & Super Space II Ram banks, as selected by the CRU code you provided.  First, I usually load my TIB+ support code for TI Basic, which now includes your CRU switching code.  Usually, but not always I save the TIB+ INSTALL program in BANK 0, then a catalog program "CB-KAT " in BANK 1 (you already know what happens, and the same if the process is reversed), next I try to load another TI Basic program, "BDH Convert" in BANK 2, always to no avail, as I always get the TI Menu screen "INSERT A MODULE" after the TI Title screen.  However, before verifying BANK 2, I load BANK 3 with another TI Basic program, "MEM-CHECK", which informs me of all remaining memory (32K) in Low and High memory.  I have a means of restoring Super Space II using the MAME manager (accessed using Scroll Lock, then TAB key) by selecting File Manager, then using the cart selection menu to re-select supersp2 (do not empty first, this process does not work for the special gromport_gkracker), and everything is back to "as previously described above".  So, BANK 0 & 1 always contain the exact same BCART program, and BANK 2 can not be loaded with anything Super Cart or BCART.   Is it a MAME or Super Space II problem?  I don't know.

Bill

7 hours ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

The images I found on WHTECH will not load on MAME for me.

fail1.thumb.jpg.e2ba007f2939cb5f880d0e339aa8e2f8.jpg

fail2.thumb.jpg.fae65b9f551955a40441f9df240e3b68.jpg

I finally found this one that does seem to work! I Still need to check RAM though.

I'm using 32BIT MAME.

Yes, I was also thinking that 32/64 bit may be the issue, as BITD, when the CRU addressing was first used to control the RAM banks, those using cross-assemblers would have been doing so on 32 bit computers.  Let me know either way, after you do the RAM check, please.  Michael Zapf uses Windows 10, so 64 bit only.  My Windows 7 Pro does support 32 bit also, but I'm using a 64 bit version of MAME.  Which means I can down load the 32 bit version of MAME 2.10b; I just don't know how that might effect all my associated files created in 64 bit MAME.  I sure hope I hear from Michael soon. ?

Bill

1 hour ago, FDOS said:

Yes, I was also thinking that 32/64 bit may be the issue, as BITD, when the CRU addressing was first used to control the RAM banks, those using cross-assemblers would have been doing so on 32 bit computers.  Let me know either way, after you do the RAM check, please.  Michael Zapf uses Windows 10, so 64 bit only.  My Windows 7 Pro does support 32 bit also, but I'm using a 64 bit version of MAME.  Which means I can down load the 32 bit version of MAME 2.10b; I just don't know how that might effect all my associated files created in 64 bit MAME.  I sure hope I hear from Michael soon. ?

Bill

Considering the 32/64 bit probability, I now believe that I can't select BANK 0, I just get BANK 1 as the default, and obviously, I can't even select BANK 2 (Insert Cartridge screen), but BANK 1 & 3 are always OK.  I am sure that Michael Zapf will get to the bottom of this issue as soon as he gets back from the trip he's on.

Bill