IGNORED

Super Space II bank selection help

FDOS

18 hours ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

I meant to mention how to switch pages from EASYBUG.

To activate a page write a one to the corresponding CRU address.

Using the C command.

>0802 - Page 0

>0806 - Page 1

>080A - Page 2

>080E - Page 3

ex.

C0802(enter)

C0802 =00 ->1(enter)

Will switch to Page 0.

:!:

Where did you find out about this method of BANK selection using SBUG?  As I've never heard of this in any documentation or email from Michael Becker or Harald Glaab, since I first purchased my SNUG TI-99/4P system at the 1996 TI Treffen in Wolvesburg, Germany.  I'm also unclear about the exact procedure in SBUG.  Typing, "C 0802(enter) produces on the next line: "C 0802 =00", at this point I should add ->1(enter)?  This does not work in Windows 7 PRO 64 bit MAME v2.10b, as soon as type a space or anything else SBUG aborts to ? on the next line.

Bill

Edited by FDOS
added another question

Well... a couple days before you started this topic, I was trying to help with a topic about 10 below this one; "Need help understanding how to utilize SAMS memory in RXB", where I learned for the first time how SAMS memory is mapped and paged. I used EASY BUG to manipulate CRU bits and inspect CPU RAM because I am familiar, as I used this method to test the CRU bits associated with the 9901 peripheral interface for my HOME AUTOMATION project.

Not sure what SBUG is... I didn't type in the spaces or the ->.

easybug1.thumb.JPG.26a251172361f29aa6d901b6f755f577.JPG

easybug2.thumb.JPG.f9128c52a52f55f81a704b266d75ecc1.JPG

easybug3.thumb.JPG.609e90bc321de4bbc0e188507fe033c5.JPG

To do this with a real supercart 2 you would need to changeout the E\A GROM IC with a MINIMEMORY GROM IC!

In MAME I changed the db_super_space_2.rpk file extention to .zip and edited the layout.xml to use phm3058g.bin(MINIMEMORY) with the Superspace 2's NVRAM. I than renamed the file to db_supermini_space_2.rpk.

supermini.thumb.jpg.527ab41552d9e699a5dd69887a40e3bc.jpg

:)

1 hour ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

Well... a couple days before you started this topic, I was trying to help with a topic about 10 below this one; "Need help understanding how to utilize SAMS memory in RXB", where I learned for the first time how SAMS memory is mapped and paged. I used EASY BUG to manipulate CRU bits and inspect CPU RAM because I am familiar, as I used this method to test the CRU bits associated with the 9901 peripheral interface for my HOME AUTOMATION project.

Not sure what SBUG is... I didn't type in the spaces or the ->.

easybug1.thumb.JPG.26a251172361f29aa6d901b6f755f577.JPG

easybug2.thumb.JPG.f9128c52a52f55f81a704b266d75ecc1.JPG

easybug3.thumb.JPG.609e90bc321de4bbc0e188507fe033c5.JPG

To do this with a real supercart 2 you would need to changeout the E\A GROM IC with a MINIMEMORY GROM IC!

In MAME I changed the db_super_space_2.rpk file extention to .zip and edited the layout.xml to use phm3058g.bin(MINIMEMORY) with the Superspace 2's NVRAM. I than renamed the file to db_supermini_space_2.rpk.

supermini.thumb.jpg.527ab41552d9e699a5dd69887a40e3bc.jpg

:)

This is a lot to chew on, and I don't have any time to spare.  I'm doing things a little differently ? .   Easy BUG, SBUG pretty much the same thing for all practical purposes.  I've sorta made my own Super Space II cart using Winfried Winkler's Assembler Editor, SNUG HSGPL RAM6000 (4 x 8K RAM) per RML page (16, so >0 ~ >F), and MSAVE (located in GRAM 7, >E000 ~ >FFFF from MG 80K GramKracker.  SBUG is available on the TI-99/4P's Main selection screen, as an invisible 0) selection, along with 1)TI BASIC, etc.  I intend to use TIB+ and/or TI BASIC programs to access TIB and/or TI BASIC programs and data in 8K of BCART saved in 4 x banks of RAM6000 per RML page (>0 ~ >8) only, as I also intend to use the remaining 8 RML pages for special modules (to be determined later).

I'll have to find out why neither BANK selection method (CALL LINK("BANK",A) or "C 0802(enter)"; next line; "C 0802 =00 ->"1  Actually, I don't see the "->", as anything entered at this point causes an abort to next line "?", at that point I type "1" then "Q" after the "?" to exit SBUG, believing the Bank selection has been made.

I hope the above is understandable, and I'm not sure I can make it any clearer.  Let me know what you think.

Bill

If I understood correctly, by RML the Review Module Library feature is meant, a somewhat hidden feature of the TI console when it detects different GROMs on different GROM bases. In that case, an entry "<n+1> REVIEW MODULE LIBRARY" is added to the selection screen. The HSGPL offers up to 16 banks that can be selected by a keypress, but it handles them on its own, not by the RML feature in the console, so RML sometimes just refers to the presence of parallel GROM banks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mizapf said:

If I understood correctly, by RML the Review Module Library feature is meant, a somewhat hidden feature of the TI console when it detects different GROMs on different GROM bases. In that case, an entry "<n+1> REVIEW MODULE LIBRARY" is added to the selection screen. The HSGPL offers up to 16 banks that can be selected by a keypress, but it handles them on its own, not by the RML feature in the console, so RML sometimes just refers to the presence of parallel GROM banks.

Amen!

• Like 1