IGNORED

RAM upgrade for CC-40

curtis

So, I've been playing with the ROM board from Retro Innovations and am quite impressed with it.

However, I'm curious.  There are several components not needed for the ROM version and am wondering if this same board could be used for a RAM upgrade.  It looks like it could given there is a place for a 3v battery.

If this can be used for a RAM upgrade, what components would be used and what is the max RAM that can be installed?  Would all the RAM be available or would it be paged?

Curtis

So, I've been playing with the ROM board from Retro Innovations and am quite impressed with it.

However, I'm curious.  There are several components not needed for the ROM version and am wondering if this same board could be used for a RAM upgrade.  It looks like it could given there is a place for a 3v battery.

If this can be used for a RAM upgrade, what components would be used and what is the max RAM that can be installed?  Would all the RAM be available or would it be paged?

Curtis
There's a ram board also but they are separate.. It has battery backed RAM

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, brain said:

The RAM cart design is good for 512kB RAM (AS6C4008 or similar) with 16 banks of 32kB RAM).  If there is interest, I can make a design with a soft banking scheme, so you can use all 512kB at one time from program control

Jim

I, for one, would be interested.

• 3 weeks later...