IGNORED

Wolfenstein 3d (Teflon Soft)

Europatari

There is no companies living on Lynx productions today. All aftermarket stuff is done by enthusiasts. Some enthusiasts create very authentic style high quality releases like Zaku or the titles produced lately by @Der Luchs and Songbird. These are nice collectibles. Then we have lots of experiments that are more or less buggy homebrews that may not deserve to be collected but can still be played on AgaCart or the SD cart.

This particular homebrew Luchsenstein3D would benefit to have an own cart, label and box.

• 2 months later...
On 9/7/2019 at 7:51 PM, Europatari said:

this topic is about a Unreleased Lynx game based on the Famous Shooter game.

is there any more evidence on the internet, or MAYBE, JUST MAYBE A PROTO ROM.

here is also a picture.

I was under the impression John Carmack had said the Lynx version of Wolfenstien 3D had been  started it, but he killed the project when Atari's
first check arrived 3 months late. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Europatari said:

and that version has been cancelled all because of a delay by atari?

how stupid :(

I can only go on what has been claimed.

Unlike Dave Taylor or John Romeo,  John Carmack did not want to answer Q's about his Atari work when i approached him a few years ago.

I've seen him praise the Lynx hardware, change his views somewhat on the Jaguar hardware and say he was suffering an Atari Falcon whilst developing on the Jaguar. 

The claimant did suggest Carmack at the time was not totally opposed to restarting Lynx Wolfenstien at some point,if conditions were right, but was currently knee deep in current PC projects.

Late payment is typical Tramiel era Atari though. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

I can only go on what has been claimed.

Unlike Dave Taylor or John Romeo,  John Carmack did not want to answer Q's about his Atari work when i approached him a few years ago.

I've seen him praise the Lynx hardware, change his views somewhat on the Jaguar hardware and say he was suffering an Atari Falcon whilst developing on the Jaguar. 

The claimant did suggest Carmack at the time was not totally opposed to restarting Lynx Wolfenstien at some point,if conditions were right, but was currently knee deep in current PC projects.

Late payment is typical Tramiel era Atari though. 

but can't you just beg John Carmack to give us a tiny little prototype.

it is way too absent, that John Carmack did this on force

4 hours ago, Europatari said:

but can't you just beg John Carmack to give us a tiny little prototype.

it is way too absent, that John Carmack did this on force

It might have changed now (and i don't do social media like Twitter or FB) but when you contacted John you got his agent and you were politely but firmly told John would not be taking any time out to talk about his work on the Atari systems.

I don't beg to anyone in the games industry for anything. 

If they want to chat, that's brilliant, if they don't...nothing ventured as they say.

You usually find they end up contradicting themselves to some degree as it is anyway as views change over time, or they would rather blame...or people come forward with conflicting information. 

I loved Wolfenstien 3D and Doom on Jaguar, Doom on PlayStation,  Quake on PC and DC (Titanium port),  Doom 3 on Xbox, Quake 2 on PlayStation and Quake 3 on DC..

So i have been a great fan of Id for a number of years.

I thought Rage was rubbish though.

I found John to be an interesting character to read,interviews wise but conflicting at times.

He seemed to have polarising views on the Jaguar and Dreamcast depending on which interviews you happened to read..

He's extremely driven and talented and has been open enough to admit at times he made the wrong decision (setting strict limitations on how Saturn Doom should be written),  but i don't hold him in any higher or lower standing than anyone else who has made a living out of commercial games coding.

Id were a team of people as far as I am concerned. 

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Igor said:

I'd have also cancelled the project if they pay was 3 months late!

It's Atari all over with the Lynx isn't it?

Rob Nicholson approaches them with concept demo showing how easily Elite could be brought to the Lynx as the 3D Engine been built for Battlezone 2000 and Atari aren't interested.

Atari want to split Dracula The Undead into seperate releases..

Atari put Rolling Thunder etc on low priority list

Atari now seemingly drag out making initial payment to Id and we don't get to see Wolfenstien 3D.

AVP never gets finished. 

Always with the Lynx it's what could of been..

2 hours ago, Fadest said:

"Power without the Price" was not the moto for customers, but for suppliers :D

And what about we loyal customers?

Having been an 800XL owner during the Tramiel era, i should of learnt not to believe a word of new levels of software support..

But instead i went onto buy a 50 STFM only for the Tramiels to tell me it was being phased out in favour of the STE..

I bought both models of the Lynx and waited and waited for the big name games annouced and advertised..

Ended up with the Jaguar..

There was a huge price backing Atari products and the consumers always ended up paying.. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
35 minutes ago, Europatari said:

could we at least have a censored version of luchsenstein 3d?

i can't look at unconstitutional symbols at all!

Those symbols were supposed to be defeated and belong to history. But looking at what happens today I get your point.

• Sad 1