doubledown

doubledown's ColecoVision Joystick & Grip Controllers - Pre-Order / Purchase Thread

56 minutes ago, FujiSkunk said:

If there's any room left, I'm interest in a Coleco Black Edition.

Got it.

As of now we're at about 15 pre-orders.  I've got 11 controllers on order/en route/in hand as we speak, plus a lead on 2 more.  There are obviously more to be had so if you're interested don't be concerned with quantities yet or where you're at on the list.  

In additional news we have another benefactor among us.  So as mentioned in my initial post, I had decided to make only 2 of the #2495 Display Edition - Joystick Controllers.  One for me and 1 to sell as a limited edition variant with a price of $495.  If someone were to purchase the 2nd #2495 Display Edition, the extra money was to fund a pool for the purchase of more donor controllers, at the inevitable higher prices (once we gobble up all of the available $50 ones), while still being able to sell these controllers at the prices listed above.  An avid collector has requested to buy my #2495 Display Edition controller (as he missed out on the 1 which was up for sale), thus helping the pool even more.  I've agreed to sell him the one I was going to keep, and I'll make something else for myself.  So the #2495 Display Edition controller is still limited to the 2 that I promised, I just ended up selling mine a lot sooner than I had planned, but it will help out others so that we can make more controllers without raising prices.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kirby76 said:

Please put me down for 1 Coleco Black Edition.

Added

36 minutes ago, Swami said:

One Super Arcade (red) (lefty)  [stick on the right, buttons on the left]

Got it.  

So for anybody checking in, Swami has asked if I can flip/flop the controls on a Super Action Edition...like this:

sNJ4uB.jpg

As of now I believe its possible, but I'll need to do some checking to verify.  So just keep it in mind that this may be a potential option if others are interested in this orientation.  If I determine that this can be done, I'd be able to do this for the Coleco Black, Phoenix, and Super Action Editions.  I won't do it for Donkey Kong because a) I don't want to rearrange the artwork, and b) Nintendo didn't make Donkey Kong with this orientation.  So just something to think about, decision doesn't need to be made right now, and I should know by the weekend if this can be done.  

20 hours ago, mingus said:

Put me down for at least 1 Donkey Kong style...I may decide on another later on!

Added to list.  

Reminder...1 more week for pre-ordering for all those interested.  

Bump & reminder...

The deadline to pre-order any of the available editions of Joystick Controllers or Grip Controllers is:

this Friday, September 20, 2019 @ 10:05 PM Eastern time 

After which time I will send out PMs to the interested parties confirming their interest and requesting the initial 25% deposit (of controllers price, not including shipping).  The sooner the deposits get paid, the sooner the parts will get ordered.  Assuming there's no major back-order, the bulk of the parts should take a week or less for arrival, and the first controllers should start to be getting finished within 1-1/2 to 2 weeks after parts ordering.  While I'm waiting on parts there is plenty of work to do modifying the donor controllers, printing/laminating of the CPO and keypad overlay artwork, and the assigning and printing of the manuals and serial number labels.