IGNORED

**SOLD** doubledown's ColecoVision Joystick & Grip Controllers - Pre-Order / Purchase Thread

doubledown

This Pre-Order/Batch of controllers is complete.  Please feel free to send me a PM if you missed out or had an idea for a different/custom theme controller you would be interested in.

This is the official pre-order/purchase thread for my new line of VVG Controllers for use with the ColecoVision/ADAM/Phoenix, and other compatible systems. 

I’ve decided to create these controllers to provide a more comfortable, robust, reliable, and arcade-like controller for use with the ColecoVision.  I’ve selected high-quality donor controllers for the housings to provide a “commercial product” appearance while still allowing for my customization, and I replace most (in some cases all) of the components with actual arcade components so that these controllers are like new…providing many years of game play enjoyment.  All of controllers will be serialized, and will include an instruction manual w/matching serial number. 

With that being said, as I am starting with a donor controller (versus a “generic” off-the-shelf enclosure), there will only be a limited number of controllers available at these prices.  The prices listed below take into consideration the cost of the donor controllers around ≈$50.00 USD for the HSS-09/12, and ≈$75.00 USD for the HSS-0151 (with shipping costs).  I scoured ebay for all possible search permutations for the Hori Sega Saturn HSS-09/12 I could think of, and was able to buy eight (8) within this price range, and I have a lead on two (2) more.  These available eight (8) (possibly 10) are in addition to the **PROTOTYPE** models which have already been made, unveiled, and/or sold.  After I’m sold out of the available eight (8) (possibly 10), these controllers will still be offered, but will be sold at a “Market Price”, with an adder to account for the extra cost of the donor.  Additionally if you have the donor controller you wish to provide, you can receive a credit ($50 or $75 depending on controller purchased) off your purchase. 

The other components I use to build these controllers, joysticks, buttons, fasteners, cable ends, artwork label supplies, wiring and the likes come from several different sources.  So as I’d like to place batch lot orders of these items, to not have to incur $8 shipping charges for each and every item ordered, I will open this “pre-order/purchase” period for 2 weeks, starting now and running until Friday, Sept. 20, 2019 at 10:05 PM Eastern time, or until the allotment of currently available controllers is spoken for.  At which point (whichever comes first: time & date, or available quantity spoken for) I will place the orders for the necessary items, and start building the controllers.  As of now, there is a limit of (2) controllers per member (at these prices); unless, after the 2 week period is over there are still donors remaining, at which time additional controllers can be purchased (at these prices listed below). 

So just to clarify, there is not a “limited” number of controllers available…period…end of story, there is only a limited availability of controllers at these prices…with the exception of the #2495 Display Edition Controller.  The #2495 Display Edition Controllers is special in that I will only ever make two (2) of these (in honor of the two known, near complete, kiosks in existence), and I am keeping one (1) for myself (which has already been built).  These two controllers will be serial numbered 001/002 & 002/002, and there is no **PROTOTYPE** of this edition.  The higher price for the #2495 Display Edition Controller is for the “honor” of owning a limited run & rare collectible, and to provide a pool of funds to purchase more donor controllers and to absorb any extra costs from those, so that additional controllers can be offered at these same prices.  The #2495 Display Edition Controller (002/002) will not be pulled from the available supply of eight (8) (maybe 10) controllers I have, and is not subject, to the “2 controllers per customer” limit; this edition can be purchased in addition to two other controllers if you wish. 

The prices listed below are for payments sent via PayPal (friends & family: no fees) and do not include shipping, which will be approximately $25-$30 in the U.S., and approximately $50 to Canada via USPS Priority Mail.  After the pre-order period is over, I will contact the interested buyers and request a 25% deposit (via PayPal) to secure your purchase and to order the necessary hardware/components. 

The available Controllers include the following Models & Editions (follow Model/Edition hyperlinks to my Controllers thread for more pics/details of each one):

VVG Joystick Controller - Sega Saturn HSS-09 (alternate HSS-12) Donor (8 currently available (possibly 10))

**Features**

**Seimitsu LS-32 Joystick – 8-way/4-way/2-way configuration (ball/shaft color determined by edition variant) (you can choose initial configuration, and can be reconfigured later)

**Ultimarc GoldLeaf or Sanwa OBSFS “Silent” pushbuttons (model/colors determined by edition variant)

**Eladdin CV I/O Board w/Keypad w/custom overlay (artwork determined by edition variant)

**Custom CPO & marquee artwork (artwork determined by edition variant)

*Editions*

*Coleco Black Edition $210.00 + shipping

QFDiHv.jpg

*Super Action (Orange) Edition $230.00 + shipping

z2IW8i.jpg

*Super Action (Red) Edition $230.00 + shipping

fpgyJz.jpg

*#2495 Display Edition $495.00 + shipping (**SOLD OUT**)

evi4kQ.jpg

*CollectorVision Phoenix Edition $210.00 + shipping

BfLNla.jpg

*Donkey Kong Edition $275.00 + shipping

iokujn.jpg

VVG Grip Controller - Sega Saturn HSS-0151 Donor

**Features**

**ASCII Pistol Grip Joystick – 8-way w/trigger fire button (alternate left fire button)

**Ultimarc GoldLeaf pushbuttons

**Eladdin CV I/O Board w/Keypad w/custom overlay (artwork determined by edition variant)

**Custom CPO & marquee artwork (artwork determined by edition variant)

*Editions*

*Zaxxon Edition - $275.00 + shipping

mLzF0r.jpg

For those interested in purchasing, please post a response in this thread with your requested quantity of model(s)/edition(s), and remember, the currently available, at these prices controllers, will be on a first come first serve basis. 

Edited by doubledown
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, spacefirebird said:

Hi

1x Phoenix Edition for me

thanks

Got it

44 minutes ago, viaton said:

The #2495 Display Edition Controller please.

Got it and thanks from everyone to this lucky collector.  The additional price of this controller will go into a fund to purchase more donors so that I'll be able to offer more controllers at these same prices.

27 minutes ago, DrBoss302 said:

Got it

26 minutes ago, smurfbert said:

Please put me down for one Donkey Kong Edition please :)

Got it

3 initial donors remaining, plus the possibility of approximately 5-7 more at these prices thanks to viaton.

Also another public thanks to J-F (retroillucid) for the use of the Phoenix artwork files for these controllers, and the whole CollectorVision team for the Phoenix itself.

Edited by doubledown

So far 8 of the 9 initial HSS-09 donors spoken for.

I just found 2 more HSS-09s on ebay this morning in the $50 price range, so I bought those, so that adds 2 more.

I'm still waiting to hear about the other 2 that I have a lead on.

There are currently 4-5 HSS-09s on ebay in the $75-$90 (reasonably priced compared to the $150+ listings) that could be purchased with the extra pool money from the #2495 Display edition sale.

The 1 in-stock Zaxxon Edition controller is spoken for, but there are several on ebay in the acceptable price range making several more still available at this price.  I assumed the Joystick controller would be more popular than the Grip controller, which is why I preemptively bought all of those I could find.  I happened to have had this HSS-0151 in stock, which is the only reason for the mention of "1 In Stock" listed in the first post.  This model is not limited to 1 by any means.  

9 hours ago, Sean Sernick said:

What kind of controllers are you looking for donations? Just Sega Saturns or ColecoVisions ones also? This is USD ? Regardless I'll Take 2 Coleco Black Editions. Thanks

Donors needed are Hori Sega Saturn HSS-09 or HSS-12 for any of the Joystick Editions, and/or HSS-0151 Twin Stick Controller for the Grip Controller (Zaxxon controller).  Details of "credit" included in 2nd paragraph of first post of this thread.

Prices are USD, plus shipping

8 hours ago, cmart604 said:

If there's one left I'll take a red Super Action version please. 

Got it 

8 hours ago, offbase said:

Hi — please put me down for a Donkey Kong Edition. Thank you and such amazing work!

Got it

Edited by doubledown

21 hours ago, RetroGamer007 said:

Has the version for the Collectorvision Phoenix been verified to work with the new Collectorvision Phoenix console?  If so, I will need to purchase one from you.  Let me know.

At this point technically no.  As the controller is wired exactly as a "dumb" ColecoVision controller (no witchcraft or sorcery) with just the diode array, the Phoenix should see it as a standard hand controller.  That being said, CollectorVision is getting one, so they will be able to verify for us.

I am interested in the Super Action (Orange) Edition.  Thank you so much for doing this.  The Colecovision is my favorite system, but the controllers can be maddening.  I remember taking my controllers apart every few weeks to get them working again in the 1980s.  Getting a Wico helped me not to lose my mind back then (and my Wico still works), but these look amazing.

2 hours ago, Wumpusroom said:

I am interested in the Super Action (Orange) Edition.  Thank you so much for doing this.  The Colecovision is my favorite system, but the controllers can be maddening.  I remember taking my controllers apart every few weeks to get them working again in the 1980s.  Getting a Wico helped me not to lose my mind back then (and my Wico still works), but these look amazing.

Added to list.

Also...donor controllers are starting to show up...5 in so far:

P3LzZN.jpg