IGNORED

Happy 40th Intellivision! Pre-interest thread for limited edition custom Stickler sets!

stupus

With 40 years of our favorite system we have made something very special to commemorate this milestone!

THE INTELLIVISION 40TH ANNIVERSARY CUSTOM BALL KNOB STICKLER SET!!!

20190908_161619.thumb.jpg.ee6f4511c2a4c5049e366e27b39a802c.jpg

These will be made in a numbered limited edition of 40 sets. They will debut next weekend for show and sales at the Vintage Computer Festival Mid West #14.

On September 14&15 in Elmhurst Illinois:

http://vcfmw.org/index.html

The first small handul of sets will be available there for sale at a slightly discounted price (also no shipping costs obviously.

There will also be 1 special unique vcfmw edition which will be donated to the festivals fund raising auction. This will be a 1 of a kind set.

The auction takes donations to fund this wonderful show. The show is completely free to the public and this auction helps keep the show going.

I highly recommend coming to the show if you have never been there and live anywhere near the chicago area! A few of us atariagers are there every year!

These will be available otherwise in 2 versions.

The original style (brown and brass):

20190908_144942.thumb.jpg.5b6c82a7e00fd7f331b6db62c6f2060e.jpg

And the spaceage style (red and silver):

20190908_160548.thumb.jpg.c523a98d2a560c73676c0399e0f0f316.jpg

1 set will be $54.95 plus shipping to your area.

2 sets will be $99.95 plus shipping to you area.

Gift payments by paypal will be preferred.

These will ship by cheapest method with tracking info provided.

Buyers outside the usa and canada will be required to pay by gift and may then choose any shipping method they desire.

At this time we will limit purchase to 1 of each style set per person until interest is determined.

These are created as a collectable but are fully functional on all models besides the intellivision 2. We ask that you use them with care.

***There will be no warranty on them for usage.***

But they should be fine if taken good care of and not abused.

They will come in a custom display box with info card on the back that is individually numbered.

20190908_145949.thumb.jpg.8d3734e9e3b721df920d12df8e01de21.jpg20190908_160717.thumb.jpg.56ea090fc576995ccd2308d3155b5753.jpg

They have 2 ways to be used. They have a removable arcade style ball that can be unscrewed and replaced with a cap. With the cap on they are the exact specs of the original sticklers!

20190908_155603.thumb.jpg.38ee7e1fd907e54c6ae61a606f6799dd.jpg20190908_155015.thumb.jpg.bbf047e13615fb10b2eb41ee53e66cd2.jpg20190908_161113.thumb.jpg.c8711e29676863ba0d2596be7ff8152c.jpg20190905_183955.thumb.jpg.3556abe4373c85a66500923cb7613ca4.jpg20190818_181722.thumb.jpg.02cfffd84ef99be3d1cf4006dcaa41ba.jpg20190818_172946.thumb.jpg.8ff84e47c70aa4ca40125c419e9a41ea.jpg20190818_172346.thumb.jpg.8f7f586cb3b85a536d084773fd4aa3ff.jpg

They are really quite beautiful and we are very happy with them.

This was a combined project my son and i did over the summer. He is 20 and currently studying phisics and engineering at university of illinois. He is very gifted at being able to engineer these so well, and my design ability along with both of our art abilities made for a great father son project to celebrate 40 years of intellivision! We have had alot of fun making them together and we hope you all enjoy them as much as we do!

I have played intellivision since about 1981 and continuously collected videogames for many systems since about 1983. My son was introduced to the intellivision before he was even 2 years old back in about 2000. We loved playing uthopia together as well as shark shark and snafu. It helped give him a lifelong love of classic gaming!

Anyway :)please post interest in this thread. If you want 1 or 2 sets, etc. If you would like to hopefully have a certain number or just the lowest or dont care you can mention that too.

Numbers 5 and under and #40 are currently reserved. If you would like more than 2 sets please state that as well, but no promises on that. 

We will go off this thread for first come first serve after vcfmw is over.

These are alot of work to make and we will not ask for funds until your set is ready to go. If you dont reply and pay at that time we will go on to the next interested party.

Happy Sunday and happy 40th birthday to our beloved Intellivision!!!!! :)

Edited by stupus
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, intellivotion said:

2 sets for me (one of each style) please

Thanks! :)

You will tentatively be put down for #9 and #10.

Depends on sales at vcfmw.

Unless you want specific numbers you will get the lowest ones available if you would like.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, 128Kgames said:

1 set red/silver set for me please.

Any chance of a black/silver set to go with the System III/Super Pro System?

The red and silver will go really nice with the 3/super pro.

Black and silver would be cool.....

But no plan at this time. Its hard to make too many variations and then they would need to be made available to everyone to be fair.

We thought about doing color requests but it adds to the time and cost involved doing constant color changes and every color and material needs setting tweeked to be optimal.

33 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

I’d like one of each please and #7 for both if that hasn’t been taken. 

At this time the plan is 40 sets total between both colors.  We will alternate between brown and silver in the numbering. So you could be 7 and 8 if we dont get up to those in sales at vcfmw. Or if buyers there dont care about number ;)

2 hours ago, stupus said:

At this time the plan is 40 sets total between both colors.  We will alternate between brown and silver in the numbering. So you could be 7 and 8 if we dont get up to those in sales at vcfmw. Or if buyers there dont care about number ;)

Ah I see, ok well any numbers are fine. Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stupus said:

The red and silver will go really nice with the 3/super pro.

Black and silver would be cool.....

But no plan at this time. Its hard to make too many variations and then they would need to be made available to everyone to be fair.

We thought about doing color requests but it adds to the time and cost involved doing constant color changes and every color and material needs setting tweeked to be optimal.

Understood, please let me know if anything changes down the line.

I'm still good with 1 red/silver set, any # is fine.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, stupus said:

You got it! So happy such a good guy is now in charge of our beloved intellivision :) Cant wait for my amico!!!! 

Thanks!  Let me know where I need to PayPal the money.

I think it's AMAZING when people create ANYTHING for the original Intellivision.  Home Brew, websites, stuff like this, etc.  It shows the passion of the original system.  No reason for me or the company to stop it.  For what?  To get a few hundred bucks in licensing?  No thanks.  The folks who create stuff for the original Intellivision deserve to reap the rewards as far as I'm concerned (and we all know it's no gold mine)... it's more about doing it and putting it out there for others that is the fun part.

Edited by Tommy Tallarico
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tommy Tallarico said:

I think it's AMAZING when people create ANYTHING for the original Intellivision.  Home Brew, websites, stuff like this, etc.  It shows the passion of the original system.  No reason for me or the company to stop it.  For what?  To get a few hundred bucks in licensing?  No thanks.  The folks who create stuff for the original Intellivision deserve to reap the rewards as far as I'm concerned (and we all know it's no gold mine)... it more about doing it and putting it out there for others that is the fun part.

This is a great attitude that will reap you great rewards!

Your absolutely correct, these are a labor of love and at best might make us a couple dollars an hour for the huge time involved which we put back into being able to do more fun projects like this. :)

Homebrew projects and passion are what have kept the intellivision going strong for 40 years now!!

• Like 1