IGNORED

Happy 40th Intellivision! Pre-interest thread for limited edition custom Stickler sets!

stupus

13 hours ago, stupus said:

Thanks! :)

You will tentatively be put down for #9 and #10.

Depends on sales at vcfmw.

Unless you want specific numbers you will get the lowest ones available if you would like.

The lower the better, just like my cholesterol

p.s.: #9 and #10 would be perfect

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, rietveld said:

I would love a red set. I will be at VCFMW showing my INTV 2 with system changer and ECS and musical keyboard.   I would love to buy a set and use them with my display Saturday 

Hi,

Unfortunately these work on all models but the intellivision 2 :(

The model 2 uses a different disc, and well a whole different controller also. The disc is much thinner and the spring is much smaller. The disc for the 2 sits flush with the controller surface while the other models have the disc raised with a lip. While these will go in a model 2's controller the edge will stick up and cause a binding effect when moved.....not good!

We are in the process of testing a special disc designed specifically for the 2, but it wont be part of this anniversary edition, and i cant even say if we will ever go forward with making any for sale.

The controllers for the 2 are VERY hard to open without damaging them and i dont really want to encourage people opening them up.

1 hour ago, stupus said:

Hi,

Unfortunately these work on all models but the intellivision 2 :(

The model 2 uses a different disc, and well a whole different controller also. The disc is much thinner and the spring is much smaller. The disc for the 2 sits flush with the controller surface while the other models have the disc raised with a lip. While these will go in a model 2's controller the edge will stick up and cause a binding effect when moved.....not good!

We are in the process of testing a special disc designed specifically for the 2, but it wont be part of this anniversary edition, and i cant even say if we will ever go forward with making any for sale.

The controllers for the 2 are VERY hard to open without damaging them and i dont really want to encourage people opening them up.

Strangely the only reason I am bringing my intv2 instead of the original is so that I can demo the system changer.   I haven't found anyone who can do the mod to my original counsel 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rietveld said:

Strangely the only reason I am bringing my intv2 instead of the original is so that I can demo the system changer.   I haven't found anyone who can do the mod to my original counsel 

Well it will look cool all those pieces of hardware all matching in grey, red and black!

So to be clear you dont want a set since you cant use them on the inty 2?

27 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

By my math are these down to maybe 5 left excluding the 1-5 and 40? They're selling like hot cakes! 

I had hoped to start on the sign up list today but it probably needs to wait till tomorrow now.

But i think you are about right i think we were at about 30 this morning and thats not including what gets held for vcfmw14.

We are flattered by the responses. We would love to do 40 of each type but we also dont want to over commit on them. Just 40 sets will keep us busy for quite a while. 

We will keep taking requests for interest though either way. Some people might not follow thru etc and we also want to gauge total interest.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, stupus said:

Well it will look cool all those pieces of hardware all matching in grey, red and black!

So to be clear you dont want a set since you cant use them on the inty 2?

I will take one set of brown and brass for my Tandyvision.   Can I pick them up at the show Saturday?    Paypal ok? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rietveld said:

I will take one set of brown and brass for my Tandyvision.   Can I pick them up at the show Saturday?    Paypal ok? 

Sounds good. Yes i will have a handful of sets at the show. Look for my topo androbot, that should make me easy to spot ;) Will look to see you there! Cash is preferred or paypal gift at the show is ok too.

Ok, i had put you down for a brown and brass set, since you didnt specify. You will be on the next in line list for a red set.

As of last night with the sets reserved for vcfmw all the sets are spoken for with 4 more sets on the next in line if available list.

Thanks!

People can continue to make requests though.  In case vcf sets dont sell, people dont pay or drop out or should we decide to commit to any more sets.