IGNORED

Colombia Home Arcade

silentshadow56

I'm trying to get some more general information on the Colombia Home Arcade. I know what it is and how one would've acquired it when it was being marketed/sold, but is there ANY information on how many units were sold or anything else relevant of that nature? Is there any knowledge of them being sold privately from one collector to another? Is there anyone that could I could speak with privately if need be in regards to a general value on these?

I can’t speak to production numbers. Not sure that anyone has that kind of knowledge now. I would guess they are the rarist of the Atari units out there.  It’s hard to say the value on these.  When they are on eBay they are typically set with ridiculous BINs of multiple thousands. They’re not worth that. I bought mine from someone here and wasn’t even close to that. I honestly can’t imagine these being worth more than $500 tops for a nice complete one.  That is of course if you can find one outside of eBay which is easier said than done. 

On 9/8/2019 at 10:10 PM, Atari_Bill said:

I can’t speak to production numbers. Not sure that anyone has that kind of knowledge now. I would guess they are the rarist of the Atari units out there.  It’s hard to say the value on these.  When they are on eBay they are typically set with ridiculous BINs of multiple thousands. They’re not worth that. I bought mine from someone here and wasn’t even close to that. I honestly can’t imagine these being worth more than $500 tops for a nice complete one.  That is of course if you can find one outside of eBay which is easier said than done. 

I have one that someone is interested in selling to me but we're both a little gun shy about throwing out a number. Another collector and show owner out in Tennessee (if I'm not mistaken) "Blasted Machines Tech Shop" said he would consider paying even $200 for it a lot of money. Just one of those things where it's obviously rare, but the demand simply doesn't exist. 

I asked the seller of this one what the serial number was on it and it was in the high 7,000 so I guess take that into account of for what it's worth that at bare minimum probably 8,000 units were produced

*I realize that I didn't mention the one he is looking to sell is New/Open Box with the original shipping box that it came in. That's primarily what piqued my interest because while it's been awhile (about 7 years or so) since it's been mentioned here on Atari Age at the time of the discussion no one even know if it "had a box". While it's obviously not a display box it also isn't just a blank generic shipping box as it's clearly branded as to the contents

On 9/8/2019 at 10:10 PM, Atari_Bill said:

I have one that someone is interested in selling to me but we're both a little gun shy about throwing out a number. Another collector and show owner out in Tennessee (if I'm not mistaken) "Blasted Machines Tech Shop" said he would consider paying even $200 for it a lot of money. Just one of those things where it's obviously rare, but the demand simply doesn't exist. 

I asked the seller of this one what the serial number was on it and it was in the high 7,000 so I guess take that into account of for what it's worth that at bare minimum probably 8,000 units were produced

*I realize that I didn't mention the one he is looking to sell is New/Open Box with the original shipping box that it came in. That's primarily what piqued my interest because while it's been awhile (about 7 years or so) since it's been mentioned here on Atari Age at the time of the discussion no one even know if it "had a box". While it's obviously not a display box it also isn't just a blank generic shipping box as it's clearly branded as to the contents

10 minutes ago, silentshadow56 said:

Box included is a bit different I would say.  I’m guessing very few exist with box.  I think 200 is low myself so I’d disagree with him there even for a loose one. The box would add to value, but I honestly don’t know how much.  I’d personally consider the 500 as a good price maybe even upwards to 800. 

Some member here (maybe CPUWIZ?) had one complete in the box years ago.  They're rare but I can't imagine paying over $500 for one of these in today's market, even in the box.  I assume you're planning to flip this eventually as opposed to keeping it for your collection.   Either way, make sure you test it, since Gemini systems had the same flaky build quality as the ColecoVision.