IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season #11 - Game 4 - Stampede

*Intellivision HSC Season 11*

(Game 4)

Stampede

Activision-Stampede.jpg

Stampede by Activision 1982

The object of this tough little video trail drive is to lasso as many stampeding calves as possible.

stampede.gif

ROM Download Link

http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21615/intellivision/Stampede-1982-Activision.html

High Score Club Record

3,942 cparsley 9,475 IntyFanMatt (New record)

Game Setting

SLOW RANDOM COWS (PRESS 2)

Bonus

Join the "Activision Trail Drive"
You will receive [+2] bonus points if you score 3,000 points or more.

Contest Ends
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 22ND 11:59PM EST

(HIGH SCORES) (Game 2 Slow Random Cows)

1. 9,475 IntyFanMatt [+11] [+2 TD] [+2 winner][+2 new record]

2. 6,865 JacobZu7zu7 [+10] [+2 TD]

3. 6,242 Bamse [+9] [+2 TD]

4. 5,710 m-crew [+7] [+2 TD]

5. 4,621 ClassicGMR [+6] [+2 TD]

6. 3,208 wolfy62 [+5] [+2 TD]

7. 3,139 felson42 [+4] [+2 TD]

8. 2,920 Mister-VCS [+3]

9. 2,609 JasonlikesINTV [+2]

10. 1,450 mr_intv [+1]

11. 974 jblenke [+1]

Rankings

1. Bamse [47]

2. JacobZu7zu7 [33]

3. felson42 [26]

4. IntyfanMatt [24]

5. m-crew [22]

6. JasonlikesINTV [16]

7. dpisacane [15]

7. mr_me [15]

9. wolfy62 [14]

10. ClassicGMR [10]

11. Mister-VCS [6]

11. jblenke [6]

13. mr_intv [3]

14. bugcatcher88 [1]

14. S.BAZ [1]

Games Won

2 - Bamse (Shark! Shark! Beauty & the Beast)

1 - mr_me (Vectron)

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

22 minutes ago, Bamse said:

Had something time away from home so gave it a go on my phone using JZINTV4DROID. Not easy especially as it's touch screen and you can't press the disc and the side buttons at the same time.

Screenshot_20190909-164635_jzintv4droid.jpg

No one will feel bad for you when you come in 1st or 2nd place.Just sayin'?

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

The colors for this game seem too bright on my tv for some reason, so it makes it hard to see.

Fun little game, although the randomness can end your game fast!

And of course, Bamse is the master, as always. ?

DB1194C4-F8F1-4DAA-9D95-4E8C77B9110D.jpeg

It is a bit harsh with all the green but it shouldn't be that bright.

with regards to your last statement, have you seen the Vectron scores? I'm getting hammered :D

3 hours ago, Bamse said:

It is a bit harsh with all the green but it shouldn't be that bright.

with regards to your last statement, have you seen the Vectron scores? I'm getting hammered :D

Right, it shouldn't be that bright, not sure what's up.  My Intellivision is RGB modded, so I think when that was done it affected the colors a bit.  I can see it a bit in other games, but it's not as bad, so who knows!  Not sure how that could be fixed.

Haven't seen the Vectron scores since I am not playing that.  Surprising that you are getting hammered there!!  I thought you were great at every game, I really did.  Maybe you will have a great run at some point though.  ?

Edited by IntyFanMatt

5 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Right, it shouldn't be that bright, not sure what's up.  My Intellivision is RGB modded, so I think when that was done it affected the colors a bit.  I can see it a bit in other games, but it's not as bad, so who knows!  Not sure how that could be fixed.

Haven't seen the Vectron scores since I am not playing that.  Surprising that you are getting hammered there!!  I thought you were great at every game, I really did.  Maybe you will have a great run at some point though.  ?

Yeah, mine is RGB modded too. I know that some rgb mods have difficulty reproducing colours correctly. Mine is spot on but it wasn't cheap. I couldn't deal with the bad RF signal on the LCD TV's I have. Love the way this one looks :)

Yes, there are quite a few games that people on here wipe the floor with me. Some very, very talented players that get scores I can only dream of.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bamse said:

Yeah, mine is RGB modded too. I know that some rgb mods have difficulty reproducing colours correctly. Mine is spot on but it wasn't cheap. I couldn't deal with the bad RF signal on the LCD TV's I have. Love the way this one looks :)

Yes, there are quite a few games that people on here wipe the floor with me. Some very, very talented players that get scores I can only dream of.

Same here, the RF signal was absolutely horrible. I love my RGB mod, but I think it’s the green and some brighter colors that are a little bit off. I’m OK with that because everything looks great in glorious HD!  And yours does look amazing! I’m jealous LOL.

As for your scores, you’ve been impressive so far.  Maybe there are some games that other people are better at, but you are very skilled at the games we’ve played so far.  I can only hope to be as good as you someday. ?

By the way, I think it’s cool to connect with someone in the UK while playing old Intellivision games. Been fun!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Same here, the RF signal was absolutely horrible. I love my RGB mod, but I think it’s the green and some brighter colors that are a little bit off. I’m OK with that because everything looks great in glorious HD!  And yours does look amazing! I’m jealous LOL.

As for your scores, you’ve been impressive so far.  Maybe there are some games that other people are better at, but you are very skilled at the games we’ve played so far.  I can only hope to be as good as you someday. ?

By the way, I think it’s cool to connect with someone in the UK while playing old Intellivision games. Been fun!

Yeah, i spent a lot of time and money trying to get a good signal from various Intellivision consoles and in the end, I bit the bullet and bought a fully refurbished and rgb modified unit from a copy in Germany. It outputs through scart and has a HDMI switch so I can run it through an upscaler to full 1080p HD :). Wish I'd have gone with them from the start.

It's great the way way can all connect on here yes. No one I talk to here outside of my family has a clue what Intellivision is so at least on here I don't feel like I'm living on another planet lol.

Thanks for the compliment, it's very much appreciated if undeserved. I've learnt a lot on here and many people like m-crew and Scalpel have given me tips and advice along the way to help me improve. BTW, m-crew is one of those people I alluded to being very very talented. Just wait, you'll see. ;) :)

3 hours ago, Bamse said:

Yeah, i spent a lot of time and money trying to get a good signal from various Intellivision consoles and in the end, I bit the bullet and bought a fully refurbished and rgb modified unit from a copy in Germany. It outputs through scart and has a HDMI switch so I can run it through an upscaler to full 1080p HD :). Wish I'd have gone with them from the start.

It's great the way way can all connect on here yes. No one I talk to here outside of my family has a clue what Intellivision is so at least on here I don't feel like I'm living on another planet lol.

Thanks for the compliment, it's very much appreciated if undeserved. I've learnt a lot on here and many people like m-crew and Scalpel have given me tips and advice along the way to help me improve. BTW, m-crew is one of those people I alluded to being very very talented. Just wait, you'll see. ;) :)

Mine is modded the same way through SCART with an HDMI converter to 1080p, I think that is how they are all done pretty much.  Costly yes, but I am so glad I did it!!

My wife hates it when the Intellivision is sitting on a tray table in the living room taking up space, lol.  I play it all the time so it's always sitting there.  She doesn't understand the nostaligic fun factor in playing these games from my childhood, it's kinda funny.  But when my son and I play together, she likes it more.  Little does she know that our 40 year old game systems are bringing people together all around the globe!  ?

I am sure we will see some great scores from more people on here, I will keep an eye on m-crew lol.  I just wish that we played Tron Deadly Discs this season...that's my game.  Oh well.

3 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

An rgb modification bypasses the intellivision colour chip on ntsc intellivisions.  Whoever creates the rgb mod has to come up with their own colour definitions.  Pal intellivisions with an lm1886 chip actually generate 9-bit digital rgb definitions that can be used.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mr_me said:

An rgb modification bypasses the intellivision colour chip on ntsc intellivisions.  Whoever creates the rgb mod has to come up with their own colour definitions.  Pal intellivisions with an lm1886 chip actually generate 9-bit digital rgb definitions that can be used.

Ok thank you, but is there any way to get that fixed then?  Again, my Intellivision works great and it really isn't bad...it's noticeable on a few games...especially Stampede.  Mine isn't PAL either, it's NTSC as I live in Florida.  But I wouldn't know how to get that fixed, or even if there is a fix?

Edited by IntyFanMatt

6 minutes ago, mr_me said:

If the mod is based on a microcontroller than you can change the colours in software.

No clue about that lol.  I bought this from someone else on eBay.  I guess I would have to find a repair service somewhere, but I don't know where to look.  Maybe I will just keep it as is.  Thanks anyway.