IGNORED

Atari 2600 RGB Mod Question

Retro_Game_Lover96

Also, I think the RGB mod would work while the console has the RF modulator box removed, so I heard you can use it while you hold down the button before switching the console on.

Anyway, has anyone done that mod after removing the RF modulator box?

Edited by Retro_Game_Lover96

• 3 weeks later...

I know the eTim shop takes PayPal while ordering stuff (like eBay), but before I buy the RGB mod kit from eTim shop site, do I use my US money while ordering the RGB board from the US distributor (costs AU money) with PayPal?

BTW, I never order any stuff from etim shop website.

11 hours ago, Retro_Game_Lover96 said:

Bad news, I tried to order an RGB board, but it won't work with PayPal somehow. :(

Can somebody please start selling the RGB mod kits on eBay, so I don't have to buy it from the etim shop site?

I've ordered multiple products multiple times from the USA shop:  http://etim.net.au/shop/shop.php?crn=207. Never had a problem getting anything. When I ordered they were shipped out of Ohio by Yurkie of Assembler Games / Oldschool Gamer forums.

23 minutes ago, Retro_Game_Lover96 said:

I don't know how to order AUD with USD.

77 AUD = 52.06 USD. Just order and PayPal will charge you USD equivalent. 

57 minutes ago, rayik said:

I've ordered multiple products multiple times from the USA shop:  http://etim.net.au/shop/shop.php?crn=207. Never had a problem getting anything. When I ordered they were shipped out of Ohio by Yurkie of Assembler Games / Oldschool Gamer forums.

77 AUD = 52.06 USD. Just order and PayPal will charge you USD equivalent. 

Alright.

If you log into your Paypal account, click on "More" in the upper right corner.  There's a selection for "Send money abroad".  Click that.  Now it asks you which country you'll be sending to.  Choose Australia.  Next it asks if the destination is a PP account or a bank account.  Choose PP.  Now it asks you how much money you want the recipient to get.  You can choose a denomination of currency (AUD, for instance) and then type in the amount.  It automatically calculates the US dollars plus fees that you'll need.  Now it asks you for the recipient account.

Of course you have to complete the order first, so that you know how much total to send...

6 hours ago, ChildOfCv said:

If you log into your Paypal account, click on "More" in the upper right corner.  There's a selection for "Send money abroad".  Click that.  Now it asks you which country you'll be sending to.  Choose Australia.  Next it asks if the destination is a PP account or a bank account.  Choose PP.  Now it asks you how much money you want the recipient to get.  You can choose a denomination of currency (AUD, for instance) and then type in the amount.  It automatically calculates the US dollars plus fees that you'll need.  Now it asks you for the recipient account.

Of course you have to complete the order first, so that you know how much total to send...

So, that's how it works while ordering something from etim.

Anyway, does it work on the iPhone?

On 10/5/2019 at 1:02 PM, Retro_Game_Lover96 said:

Am I supposed to choose Australia to send money abroad with PayPal, so I can order an RGB board from etim?

Just order in AUD. PayPal will convert to USD. Google search the conversion first if you want to know how much in USD before clicking buy.  I'd suggest PM Yurkie if you need more info

I think I realized something about PayPal.

I think when you log into PP, you will go to account settings, then block payments, and you have some options for "Allow payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold."

The options are:

Yes, accept them and convert them to USD - This option will convert AUD to USD automatically while buying something from etim.

No, deny the payments. - Never convert AUD to USD at all.

Ask me - This option will make you convert AUD to USD manually.

6 hours ago, Retro_Game_Lover96 said:

I think I realized something about PayPal.

I think when you log into PP, you will go to account settings, then block payments, and you have some options for "Allow payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold."

The options are:

Yes, accept them and convert them to USD - This option will convert AUD to USD automatically while buying something from etim.

No, deny the payments. - Never convert AUD to USD at all.

Ask me - This option will make you convert AUD to USD manually.

Those sound like settings for the recipient of the cash.  So if he only wanted to accept AUD, he'd flip that setting and then your USD would have to be converted on your side.  But that doesn't affect you otherwise as a buyer.

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...