IGNORED

wanted : NBA JAM Sega Genesis

Joe Gill

I'm looking for a specific version of NBA Jam on Sega Genesis that includes Charles Barkley on the Phoenix Suns. Some versions of the game dont include him, so I'm looking for a copy that has him. I dont think its possible to know if he's in the game unless you check by selecting the Suns roster, which is why its challenging to find this game even though there are lots of copies out there. Thanks.

Yes, to my knowledge there is no visible packaging difference to know of Barkley's existence on the roster, you would have to boot up the game and check.  From my understanding it was a very limited number of initial cartridges that featured him, before they lost the use of his likeness for his own game Barkley: Shut Up & Jam.  Unfortunately since most don't know of this game's variant, it's usually not advertised in the listing.  About the only thing you could do is send a message to anybody/everybody on ebay who is selling one, and ask them to boot up the game to verify...and good luck with that.