bradhig1

problem with type game from HCM

Here is what keeps happening.   That message is coming from line 2060.

Error in 200 screwed it up.    Now I have graphic problems with the obstacles. Can't stand the way you have to edit programs on Apple II.  Can't cursor up into lines and edit them.  End up having to retype the whole line.   Anyway to make a blank disk image.?  Run cannibals to see progress soo far.

On Disk - Programs from Home Computer Magazine.dsk

2 minutes ago, bradhig1 said:

Here is what keeps happening.   That message is coming from line 2060.

Error in 200 screwed it up.    Now I have graphic problems with the obstacles. Can't stand the way you have to edit programs on Apple II.  Can't cursor up into lines and edit them.  End up having to retype the whole line.   Anyway to make a blank disk image.?  Run cannibals to see progress soo far.

On Disk - Programs from Home Computer Magazine.dsk 140 kB · 1 download

Press ESC to switch into/out of cursor move mode.

• Like 1

It is working as far as I can tell except the obstacles don't appear to be drawn correctly and I can't figure why.    The randomness of the game is brutal. Sometimes you start surrounded by cannibals and can't win , sometimes you start near the water , and sometimes you can make it to the boat without running into the cannibals.  

On Disk - Programs from Home Computer Magazine.dsk

I  typed in Boolean Brain and I keep getting illegal quality in 1380 which is correct.  I can't find what's causing it.  I think it's those stupid useless data statement which are a pain to edit because when I hit esc and move the cursor to the error and then press enter I get syntax error.  Also there is a 0 displayed next to  keyboard interface and I can't find out why.  I am always afraid people here will get mad at me for making mistakes in these programs like they did at Lemon 64. They said something like a comma instead of a period, colon instead of semicolon.  How come you didn't check the lines before hitting enter.   How could you be soo stupid.On Disk - Programs from Home Computer Magazine (1).dsk

On Disk - Programs from Home Computer Magazine (1).dsk