IGNORED

The next game or demo competition for Atari Lynx!

rj1307

On 10/3/2019 at 2:38 AM, Igor said:

Simply amazing! Making my competition prizes look terrible in comparison !

Igor, the rewards don't really matter. You could motivate people even without them, you are a well-known and respected person for your contribution to promoting Lynx. I don't have "power" like you and I'm trying to do it with rewards.

• Like 1

I just checked the rules ("there are no rules"). But the entry must be sent in with a text file describing the entry and they also prefer a mp4 video of the game/demo.

Looks like I will have a speed coding month ahead after eJagfest.

• Like 3

Silly Venture 2k19 T-shirts hit the prize pool. On the back of the shirt are hand-written greetings from the creator of Atari Lynx - R.J. Mical.

sv2k19tshirt.thumb.png.33ae010f3d737c7c842b19ac4c187742.png

People who take part in the competition for the game / demo and will not participate in the party, please send me a message by the end of October with information about the size of the shirt (XS ... XXXL) so that I can reserve the right one. Size chart below.

88116437_Zrzutekranuz2019-10-0909-41-38.thumb.png.b2cf4cf244b575b15f929bbfbee9c928.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a little bummed that I wasn't able to join in the first Lynx 30 competition (other than testing), so I wanted to take a look at the SillyVenture 2019 page again. @rj1307 do you know if the categories changed? I thought there was both a Lynx game- and demo- category earlier when I looked. Now I could only find the Lynx demo category and the "Combined game compo" for several different Atari platforms where the Lynx was included.

Btw. since the compo games will be freeware I assume a participant would still be able to make physical copies of his game and sell them later (if he'd want to)?

About halfway through this site http://sillyventure.eu/en/news there is information about two categories, and this is current. Because of Lynx's birthday this year, we split these categories because there was only one common category so far.

In answer to the second question, of course you can do what you want with your game, but remember that the game file will be made public on pouet.net and demozoo.org

• Thanks 1

I'm trying to do something (a game, I'm not technically and artistically skilled enough to make a good demo).

But right now, I'm engaged in a silly (well, fits well with event name) attempt to make an hommage to a game I never played (and I don't even understand how it can be playable by looking youtube videos - but it is a favorite from a great Lynx scene contributor), and I'm using dirty tricks to simulate display, so I don't know if something fun will sort from this :D

But this is fun to code a the moment.

• Like 2

I am very happy that you want to create something for Lynx, it will be a great ending to the 30th birthday :)
I remind you only to register at atari@sillyventure.eu and to send me a message with the size of the shirt ;)

Edited by rj1307
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, rj1307 said:

About halfway through this site http://sillyventure.eu/en/news there is information about two categories, and this is current. Because of Lynx's birthday this year, we split these categories because there was only one common category so far.

In answer to the second question, of course you can do what you want with your game, but remember that the game file will be made public on pouet.net and demozoo.org

Hey thanks for clearing that up! :waving: (If it wasn't clear already, I didn't get much sleep last night :sleep:)

11 minutes ago, karri said:

This video is SO COOL!!!

I am seriously pondering whether I should just lie that I "broke a leg" to my co-actors and skip the shows on the week-end so I could go to Poland.

"Lost my voice" is a better lie, and less easier to verify ;-) Unless you do pantomime.

Edited by 42bs
  • Haha 2

Just out of curiosity, is anyone here planning to go to silly venture? Just realized there are super cheap direct flights from stockholm (well with ryanair, so its not really sthlm more like a 1 hour drive from sthlm but still).

Also this might sound like a stupid question but how does it go if you didnt learn polish as a second language? ?

Edited by LordKraken