IGNORED

The next game or demo competition for Atari Lynx!

rj1307

2 hours ago, Fadest said:

He liked Ynxa, A bug’s Lynx, LynxQuest, On Duty. Found 4TTude interesting (but he sucks at playing). So I guess he is quite honest...

And I think my game is crap also. I will change 1 or 2 gameplay element before submission, it may be more enjoyable.

Might be a genre preference too, seems to be action/arcade games there other than 4TTude.

56 minutes ago, rj1307 said:

Good information for people who do not manage to finish their work on time. The deadline for amendments is December 23 at midnight UTC, on December 24 all works, regardless of their degree of completion, will be made public. :)

What a nice date for release by the way, looking forward to this xmas present! ^^

Edited by Turbo Laser Lynx

3 hours ago, Fadest said:

Found 4TTude interesting (but he sucks at playing).

In january I'll finish a tuning of the code that will allow the CPU to make some mistakes, so to make the game easier to play at low levels.

But people seem to forget that it is possible to play tha game with two player on the same console, that allow to play the two players mode on emulators too .

I use to play this way (on my GBA cased Freeplay CM3 console) with my doughter, and since both of us suck at the game, it's even and funny.

10 hours ago, Nop90 said:

@Fadest you can't give up now. Submit it and get hints to make it better (or to make a better game next time). ?

Not everyone have the same tastes, so you should definitively submit it anyway! :)

I mean, worst case scenario you get additional feedback to improve it, and best case scenario you'll have a beautiful new Lynx to add to your collection ;).

(btw, I saw pictures of your RGC booth, it looked impressive, thanks for showcasing so many Lynx homebrew games to French retro gamers!)

Is there any spoilers of the Lynx demos and the Lynx games floating around? Or do I really need to wait for the week-end to find out what kind of entries turned up?

Well, I kind of know what my game is all about...

Will there be a live feed of the presentation? Or perhaps some taped stuff?

• Like 1

We just submitted our entry :)

Phew, what a relief. Quite intense time. We are happy now, though. Really looking forward to this event even though we can not attend.

It looks like it will be HUGE. Quite some organisation going on as far as I can tell. We are honored to have our little contribution.

I am in this comfortable situation that I played seven games and watched one demo, so much work untill today has been delivered to me. :)
I can only say that I am very impressed with your coding skills and ingenuity. The games are so different from each other that voting can bring surprises depending on how you hit the tastes of people. There will be about 250 people at the party, each of them can give a job from 0 to 10 points, it will be interesting :)  

As for the live broadcast, it will not officially, but in last year's SV edition a colleague unofficially broadcast compo live. If there is such a possibility this year, I will give this information in this thread. Officially, the Demo and Game Compo starts on Saturday at 17:00 (5:00 PM) Polish time, i.e. 16:00 (4:00 PM) UTC time, but delays are possible.

Edited by rj1307
  • Like 2

Thanks @Nop90, but I am just curious.

I just created a demo video of my entry and sent it in as well.

I also found out that they will not cancel our theater on the 7th starting at 16:00. So I cannot just sneak out and buy a ticket to Silly Ventures (or even view a live stream...).

2 hours ago, karri said:

Is there any spoilers of the Lynx demos and the Lynx games floating around? Or do I really need to wait for the week-end to find out what kind of entries turned up?

Seems like nobody took a picture during the RGc when we tried to play my game.

Well, it is a kind of game I have never done before, and I guess it will be different from other entries.

Now it is more playable and who knows, as there will be 250 peoples voting without playing only on the basis of a projection, with some nostalgia, I can get some points :D 

Never went to a big coding party, are people really interested in projection ? During AC/RGC, I guess that there only a few person who listen and look at presentations.

3 hours ago, Fadest said:

Seems like nobody took a picture during the RGc when we tried to play my game.

Well, it is a kind of game I have never done before, and I guess it will be different from other entries.

Now it is more playable and who knows, as there will be 250 peoples voting without playing only on the basis of a projection, with some nostalgia, I can get some points :D 

Never went to a big coding party, are people really interested in projection ? During AC/RGC, I guess that there only a few person who listen and look at presentations.

In big scene parties projection is the clue and most importand thing. All people (literally) gather in the main event room to see it. Its also 'stresful' sometimes when you have a production to show (will they like it? will it crash?; )

Edited by solo/ng

Congrats!

This year has been kind of Lynx-themed for many programmers.

I am planning to program less in 2020. But... Two years from now the Lynx has its 100000 years birthday (in binary years). Perhaps that would be a nice Lynx theme for Silly Ventures in 2021?

If the week-end is in the same spot in the calendar I could reserve it in advance.

@Nop90 we could team up with the adventure we discussed earlier. I could write a nice set of music for the game. Plus think about some cool storyline. We might even meet somewhere in Europe for some retro event.

21 minutes ago, karri said:

@Nop90 we could team up with the adventure we discussed earlier. I could write a nice set of music for the game. Plus think about some cool storyline. We might even meet somewhere in Europe for some retro event.

Sure, next year I want to experiment new things, and building an adventure engine is a great experience. But after the engine the game build up needs a lot of work and ingenuity, so any help will be appreciated.