IGNORED

The next game or demo competition for Atari Lynx!

rj1307

On 12/4/2019 at 2:07 PM, karri said:

Is there any spoilers of the Lynx demos and the Lynx games floating around? Or do I really need to wait for the week-end to find out what kind of entries turned up?

Well, I kind of know what my game is all about...

Will there be a live feed of the presentation? Or perhaps some taped stuff?

Will there be some sort of show-case of the games after the weekend or do we have to wait all the way 'til the 24th to even see them? That'd be a pain! Like a kid waiting for christmas! ? :lol:

22 minutes ago, Nop90 said:

Monday I'll post a video of the OCEO game: Lawnmower

I love lawnmmower games! :D This is my go to tune when I mow the lawn IRL with our little Honda :lol:

12 minutes ago, Igor said:

I've asked Rafal to provide me with all the ROMs (which he did) so I will try and have a showcase over at Atari Gamer. What exactly are you looking for, screenshots or playable games?

Well, personally I'd be happy with some screenshots or perhaps some video(s). I think there's such a big risk uploading work in progress versions of the games somewhere, because then half of the people (except the most dedicated/crazy fans/enthusiasts) end up with all kinds of half done versions, since iirc a few devs here have stated that they'll keep working on their games up until the 24th.

Edited by Turbo Laser Lynx

Rafal did ask me to hold off from sharing, so I won't be posting the ROMs until I have an actual go-ahead. I'm sure screenshots will be ok. I will see if I can make some videos too, though I have a Christmas party this weekend. Either way I still want to get final permission from Rafal before I share anything.

• Thanks 2

Can't wait to see what people came up with. Plus the excitement of our own demo ,:-)

Unfortunately there is no stream from the

Party I believe but all ROMs will be online. Our demo is specifically timed to run on real hardware btw. So some timing will seem odd on emulators. But we will also publish a YT vid afterwards ?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rj1307 said:

Thank you!  I'm watching now.

Edit:  I guess the above one isn't live anymore?

7 minutes ago, rj1307 said:

Try this one it should work. Competition hasn't started jet though

https://web.facebook.com/peter.dell.75/videos/2514070035308900/

I guess this is the one to watch now?  ;-)

Edited by KevinMos3

2 minutes ago, Nop90 said:

@rj1307 I really hope that @marss yesterday sent you the updated rom that I made yesterday. The previous one (under rare circumstnces) could crash ?

I can't contact Martial to have confirmation

I had the same problem with On Duty. As all stops for interrupts were pulled out a combination of 4 sounds tracks in the music + explosion + machine gun + scream was enough to run out of stack completely.