IGNORED

The next game or demo competition for Atari Lynx!

rj1307

Official Compo results:

---Atari Lynx Game Compo---

01. 996 pt Silas' Adventure.............. KK/Altair
02. 914 pt NGSV2019...................... New Generation (Solo,Laoo,Miker,Tiger)
03. 728 pt Odynexus: Journey to Ithaca... LordKraken, Agradeneu, Courtesy of Drozerix
04. 664 pt Fishing for Atari............. Dr. Ludos
05. 613 pt Scroll of the Time Lords...... Turbo Laser Lynx
06. 583 pt Lawnmower..................... OCEO (Nop90, Marss,Glafouk)
07. 505 pt Silly Blaster................. Fadest, Der Luchs
08. 497 pt SillySis...................... KARRI

---Atari Lynx Demo Compo---

01. 896 pt The Devil's Show.............. Dentifrice               :
02. 845 pt No Time....................... New Generation           :
03. 830 pt Bastion....................... PriorArt (enthusi, Jackasser, Jammer, Zooperdan, JonEgg, Dawnbringer) 

Congratulations to all great productions, sorry for all the shortcomings on Compo.
I will write more in a while, now I need a moment to rest and return home :)

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, rj1307 said:

Official Compo results:

---Atari Lynx Game Compo---

01. 996 pt Silas' Adventure.............. KK/Altair
02. 914 pt NGSV2019...................... New Generation (Solo,Laoo,Miker,Tiger)
03. 728 pt Odynexus: Journey to Ithaca... LordKraken, Agradeneu, Courtesy of Drozerix
04. 664 pt Fishing for Atari............. Dr. Ludos
05. 613 pt Scroll of the Time Lords...... Turbo Laser Lynx
06. 583 pt Lawnmower..................... OCEO (Nop90, Marss,Glafouk)
07. 505 pt Silly Blaster................. Fadest, Der Luchs
08. 497 pt SillySis...................... KARRI

---Atari Lynx Demo Compo---

01. 896 pt The Devil's Show.............. Dentifrice               :
02. 845 pt No Time....................... New Generation           :
03. 830 pt Bastion....................... PriorArt (enthusi, Jackasser, Jammer, Zooperdan, JonEgg, Dawnbringer) 

Congratulations to all great productions, sorry for all the shortcomings on Compo.
I will write more in a while, now I need a moment to rest and return home :)

That is a fantastic result for us! ? Thank you all, great compo!

Edited by agradeneu

I'm not happy for the result, and I think ir's human wanting to win, but I'm satisfied of how our team worked and of  how the game come out.

Compliments to all the participants, the level is very high, that is a good thing for the AtariLynx scene, and in the end this is the important thing.

Edited by Nop90
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, karri said:

Wow. "Silly sister" was last? Just like "Find a way to my heart".

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.  Generally, my overall favorite type of game is more like your "On Duty", but puzzle games absolutely have their place too, and I'm definitely looking forward to playing "Silly Sister" ASAP.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nop90 said:

I'm not happy for the result, and I think ir's human wanting to win, but I'm satisfied of how our team worked and of  how the game come out.

Compliments to all the participants, the level is very high, that is a good thing for the AtariLynx scene, and in the end this is the important thing.

Well, I'd be happy to play your game immediately and give it a second opinion!  :lol:

But seriously, you are certainly right... it was great to see so many strong entries, (yours was definitely toward the top, IMO, but I'm glad I wasn't the "judge".  For me, it would have been difficult to rank all those for a vote).

Edited by KevinMos3
  • Like 1

Detailed infirmation, movie clip soon (we are coming back from the event,  600km and  are super  tired :)

Compos  and party were awesome. 

Both our productions works on any vanilla unmodified Lynx1 and 2, rom is 512kb

For happy birthday Lynx purposes party version had additional 512kb Mortal Kombat theme music. 

Edited by solo/ng
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, solo/ng said:

our game entry name is: Mortal Kombat (was NGSV2019)

That's one I thought should have come out when the Lynx was still on the market.  It's great to see if finally making it's way here, and probably much better done than if it had come out back then.

Young me called Atari back then to see if that and NBA Jam were coming to the Lynx.  They said "no, they were focusing on the Jaguar" at the time.

Woaw, my jaw dropped to the floor when watching those entries, both games and demos, with a special mention to Silas' Adventure!

I cannot wait to play and watch those on a real Lynx now! :)

For those of you who want to try Fishing for Atari I'd be happy to share the ROM right now - @rj1307 is it OK if we post ROM of our entries here on AA before the 24th?

If we can't make it public yet, maybe we could share them in a forum private club for those who are eager to play/watch them? :)

Thanks again for running this compo, and congrats everyone on your entries, the level was very very high!

• Like 2