IGNORED

Vote for your favourite games from the Atari Lynx 30th Birthday Programming Competition

Igor

Vote for your favourite games from the Atari Lynx 30th Birthday Programming Competition  

50 members have voted

1. 1. 🥇 First place - Everything considered, pick one game you think should win the first place

• 4TTude
    • Assembloids
    • Find a way to my heart
    • Growing Ties
    • Lynx Quest
    • Nutmeg
    • On Duty
    • Sky Raider
    • The Inside World
    • Undergrounders
    • YNXA
  2. 2. 🥈 Second place - Everything considered, pick one game you think should win the second place

• 4TTude
    • Assembloids
    • Find a way to my heart
    • Growing Ties
    • Lynx Quest
    • Nutmeg
    • On Duty
    • Sky Raider
    • The Inside World
    • Undergrounders
    • YNXA
  3. 3. 🥉 Third place - Everything considered, pick one game you think should win the third place

• 4TTude
    • Assembloids
    • Find a way to my heart
    • Growing Ties
    • Lynx Quest
    • Nutmeg
    • On Duty
    • Sky Raider
    • The Inside World
    • Undergrounders
    • YNXA

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2019 at 02:00 PM

AtariGamer_30BPC2019.thumb.jpg.2d3cbef4fbdf8f8310b20bc53cb9b9d1.jpg

Hello everyone!

We're celebrating Atari Lynx 30th Birthday - Atari Gamer has been running the Lynx Programming Competition and we have all of the game submissions now.

You can view and play them all over here or download the full ROM package which has all 11 games packaged for the Lynx SD cart and the AgaCart.

There is a handy (hehe) launcher ROM for the Lynx SD too!

Competition winners will be announced at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo which runs between October 18 and 20.

There is a panel of judges but we also want YOUR input to help decide who comes 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

So please go ahead, play the games and make a selection in the poll.

There is a club forum if you want to leave comments on specific games - Atari Lynx 30th Birthday

Thank you!

Edited by necrocia
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Turbo Laser Lynx said:

For how long is the voting open? I still have a few games I'd like to try out some more before adding my votes.

End of September so you got some time still. I figured most votes would be in the next few days but set aside more than 2 weeks just in case.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, necrocia said:

Of course and I don't mind if you vote for yourself either, in the end the prize pool covers the top 8 places anyway.

In the end if you really think your game is better than another game, you should vote it higher.

Thanks. I will vote closer to the end of September as I hope to really spend some time on all games before making up my mind.

During my first tries I noted that progress may not be consistent in some games. Small control flaws are annoying. Some games lack Pause, Restart, Flip screen, Music on/off.

But most of all. Does some game bring a smile on your face. Like funny characters, storyline, cozy music, wow-effects, nice endings, good game flow...

5 minutes ago, travistouchdown said:

This is awesome! 

One question; when i put the Lynx SD file on my Lynx, it will load the ROM, but then when i pick a game, it freezes on the "Loading Rom" screen.  Anyone run into this yet? 

Any thoughts/tips would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Put the files and directory in the root of the sd, I think it needs to be in the specific location. 

11 minutes ago, travistouchdown said:

This is awesome! 

One question; when i put the Lynx SD file on my Lynx, it will load the ROM, but then when i pick a game, it freezes on the "Loading Rom" screen.  Anyone run into this yet? 

Any thoughts/tips would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Maybe this can help you :

Got it working!  Just had to put the .lnx file ROMS in a folder and load them individually.  REALLY cool games/demos here.

This was also finally a catalyst for me to upgrade from menu 1.8 to 2.0 on my Lynx SD card...haha.  Took me long enough. 

Will make sure i play all of these and then will come back and vote.

IMG_20190917_145212.jpg

IMG_20190917_150307.jpg

• Like 1

They do need to be in a specific location, you have to copy the contents of the LynxSD folder into the root of the SD card. I think I need to make a new loader that is more flexible, I put it together in a couple of hours and didn't have time to cover all options.

Glad you got it working in the end though.

19 hours ago, Igor said:

Today's random pick from the competition line up...

promo_findaway.thumb.jpeg.b1ff8c6f53f2f6eacb07ea5368aa73c6.jpeg

Find a way to my heart

[ Game Information and Instructions ]
[ Play ] [ Download ]

This one is quite nice. I didn't understand that all I needed to do was make a clear path across at first so didn't know why the game kept abruptly ending lol. I'm not good at reading instructions lol and thought it was like minesweeper where you have to find all the bombs :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iwantgames:) said:

This one is quite nice. I didn't understand that all I needed to do was make a clear path across at first so didn't know why the game kept abruptly ending lol. I'm not good at reading instructions lol and thought it was like minesweeper where you have to find all the bombs :P

Lol. I thought the name and the song would give a hint of the goal to unite these lovebirds.

The form of the tiles was also different from standard minesweeper. But underneath it relies on the minesweeper engine. While writing the game I also found a bug in the engine and sent the fix to the maintainer. The code was open source and that is why my game has to be open source as well.

• Like 1