IGNORED

Vote for your favourite games from the Atari Lynx 30th Birthday Programming Competition

Igor

Vote for your favourite games from the Atari Lynx 30th Birthday Programming Competition  

50 members have voted

1. 1. 🥇 First place - Everything considered, pick one game you think should win the first place

• 4TTude
    • Assembloids
    • Find a way to my heart
    • Growing Ties
    • Lynx Quest
    • Nutmeg
    • On Duty
    • Sky Raider
    • The Inside World
    • Undergrounders
    • YNXA
  2. 2. 🥈 Second place - Everything considered, pick one game you think should win the second place

• 4TTude
    • Assembloids
    • Find a way to my heart
    • Growing Ties
    • Lynx Quest
    • Nutmeg
    • On Duty
    • Sky Raider
    • The Inside World
    • Undergrounders
    • YNXA
  3. 3. 🥉 Third place - Everything considered, pick one game you think should win the third place

• 4TTude
    • Assembloids
    • Find a way to my heart
    • Growing Ties
    • Lynx Quest
    • Nutmeg
    • On Duty
    • Sky Raider
    • The Inside World
    • Undergrounders
    • YNXA

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2019 at 02:00 PM

33 minutes ago, Nop90 said:

In the hope to raise the votes for Nutmeg ( don't need to arrive 1st, only a little boost ?), just released a cheat code that will help the players to pass more levels.

Check the post in the competition club.

Lol. Sorry. Could not resist to react with a Ha-ha to that.

Btw. Your Nutmeg video works great! It may actually be on display on a third event as well... This time in Amsterdam.

Thanks for the cheat code. There is actually a cheat for On Duty too. Actually 3 cheat codes. One gives you immunity to damage, one prevents you to run out of ammo and the last one will make you invisible to enemies.

The only problem is that I have not yet revealed what the cheat code is :evil:

12 minutes ago, karri said:

Lol. Sorry. Could not resist to react with a Ha-ha to that.

Btw. Your Nutmeg video works great! It may actually be on display on a third event as well... This time in Amsterdam.

Thanks for the cheat code. There is actually a cheat for On Duty too. Actually 3 cheat codes. One gives you immunity to damage, one prevents you to run out of ammo and the last one will make you invisible to enemies.

The only problem is that I have not yet revealed what the cheat code is :evil:

can't resist to use the debugger now... ?

42 minutes ago, Nop90 said:

can't resist to use the debugger now... ?

Noooo! Besides the cheat is not in the code. It is in the eeprom file (oops, now I almost revealed it)

The voting concept is a bit special here. My suggestion is to use the skating system for finding out the results.

The winner of this vote is the game to most votes for the 1st place. Just now Lynx Quest 14 votes.
2nd place could be the game getting most votes from 1st place and 2nd place calculated together. Just now Assembloids 4 + 9 = 13 votes

3rd place would be the game getting most votes form 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Just now On Duty 5 + 7 + 6 = 18 votes.

So Nutmeg would have 1+2+8 = 11 votes.

Would this be a fair calculation system for the final votes?

PS. Of course the votes need to prefer On Duty (or Nutmeg depending on who you ask).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nop90 said:

If I'm not wrong this votes will help the judges, but they will decide on their own. Or are rules changed?

Anyway positioning is not so important. Who partecipated at this contest will remain in the history of Lynx.

The judges should not consider this vote at all because it is mainly given by the audience. Besides, we already saw that the social networks were misused for manipulating the entries for three games. There is no reason to believe that this vote is more fair than the last one.

The judges should play all entries to a level where they can make up their own mind and decide by some means the winner. That is how we try to make impartial competitions in dance sports.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nop90 said:

If I'm not wrong this votes will help the judges, but they will decide on their own. Or are rules changed?

Anyway positioning is not so important. Who partecipated at this contest will remain in the history of Lynx.

That's correct. Treat the votes as an "extra judge" kind of thing.

This is a really friendly creation. In most games you keep destroying things which is kind of bad. In Growing Ties you try to do something good for the guys entering your shop to get the perfect tie. I really like it.

The facial expressions is a nice "cherry on the top" for the game.

As the code does not rely on any Lynx scaling functions this could well be a portable game for other consoles as well.

• Like 3

Thanks @Igor

There is Maps available in case you get stuck. No cheats, unfortunately. Well technically speaking there is a cheat. But you cannot access it during the tutorial phase of the game. So there are no cheats.

Enjoy!

PS. If you have suggestions just leave a comment. The game development has continued since the competition snapshot. All the missions in the competition release are still there. The story is getting larger and irritating elements fewer. The cart version will emerge by PRGE time. But I would be happy to iron out bad elements from the game.

• Like 2

You know what's great about this competition?  Well, lots of things, but specifically I think it's amazing that there isn't one standout game.  There's some good genre variety, some new territory being explored on the Lynx, and some aspects of these games that I think are better than anything we've seen before in a full-size Lynx title.  But I'm having a really hard time choosing a top 3, because of all the impressive work the contestants have put in.  As an outsider to the Lynx coding scene, but a lifelong fan of the platform, this whole thing has been very entertaining to follow.

How long will voting stay open?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Igor said:

I'm really impressed with all of the entries and just the sheer amount of teams that were involved. This was amazing!

Poll closes on 09/30/2019 at 12:00 AM 

This time is for NZ zone. Under the poll (bottom right side) it is possible to check the closing time for the specific timezone set in the browser.

Mine (Italy) is 09/29/2019 at 04:00 PM .

• Like 1