IGNORED

Season 9 ~ Week 5 ~ Commando

Vocelli

How many points do you need to blow up the first fortress? I made it there (trying to minimize my score) and it wouldn't blow up.

EDIT: It happened again! Even with 14,200 points (I am not submitting that as part of the competition because I earned no medals) the fortress would not let me in!

Edited by AtariWarlord
Ongoing problems with game
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, AtariWarlord said:

How many points do you need to blow up the first fortress? I made it there (trying to minimize my score) and it wouldn't blow up.

1600 is the lowest I have gotten-I definitely don't understand what actually causes it to open, I always score zero points getting to the fortress, then a relatively random number to unlock it, I don't see a rhyme or reason, but I'm sure there is one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AtariWarlord said:

EDIT: It happened again! Even with 14,200 points (I am not submitting that as part of the competition because I earned no medals) the fortress would not let me in!

After you kill a certain number of baddies, it will let you run into the fortress.  The way to know when you can rush in is to make sure you've gone up as far as you can.  Then start killing them.  When it decides to let you go in, the screen will push up a little further.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Deteacher said:

After you kill a certain number of baddies, it will let you run into the fortress.  The way to know when you can rush in is to make sure you've gone up as far as you can.  Then start killing them.  When it decides to let you go in, the screen will push up a little further.  

If I understand you correctly, the "certain number" of kills have to take place just outside the fortress entry. Thanks for the tip!?

• Like 1

So, it looks like a "perfect game" this round will be getting 8 medals and a score of "11,200."  In order to storm the fortress at the end, you need to shoot 8 enemies once you get there.  That's 1,600 points per level.

I've been practicing and I can get through the first 2 levels without killing anyone except the necessary 8 at the end of the level.  It will be quite difficult to do this for all 8 levels, though.  Just FYI.  :)

Edited by Deteacher
  • Like 1

8 medals:  13,600!

There are only 4 levels and I can run through levels 1, 2 and 4 without killing anyone (except the required 8 at the end.)  On level 3 and 7, I have to kill a few to clear the path.  Here are a couple tips:

1.  Stay to the left as much as possible.  You can pretty much charge up the left side through most of a given level.

2.  Keep moving and use your diagonal movements.  It's easier to dodge their shots if you run in a zig-zag pattern.

3.  When you get to the fortress, try to get in the center of the screen.  Your shots can reach both edges if you're in the center.  This makes picking off the enemies faster and easier.

Hope this helps!  :)

Commando (1988) (Activision).png

Edited by Deteacher
  • Like 6