IGNORED

How to sell TI cartridges?

xabin

I hate to do this, since the cartridges in question were given to us for free, but we kinda need the money, after an expensive car repair last month, and the games we already got on a compilation cartridge that we got in a trade from ArcadeShopper. Does anyone know how we could sell off some TI games we don't need, right now? The games in question are:

Donkey Kong (cartridge only, has a rattling inside that we can't figure out how to fix, but the cartridge works fine)

Pole Position (boxed w/manual)

Centipede (boxed w/manual)

Jungle Hunt (boxed w/manual)

Defender (boxed w/manual)

I know we could wait for the TI fest in Chicago, this November, but with our car breaking down a lot, this year, we're worried about getting it up there. We do have a few used game places that could take them, theoretically, but we dunno if they would. Can anyone help us with this? Thanks.

4 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

This.  I doubt any "retro" store would take TI cartridges, let alone know what they are.  Your best bet is to start right here.

One of the ones in here has an owner whose dad owned a TI-99/4A, and they do have older home computers like the Atari 8-bit line, so they may take it.

39 minutes ago, jrhodes said:

Craigslist may be worth a shot. If you don't get a nibble or two from anyone in about a week, make a post on AA's buy/sell forum.

Eh, I'm leery about Craigslist, honestly; last time I tried selling something on there, I got hit with a $2000 money order scam. It was a while ago, but I had to be bailed out by my boyfriend's parents, and it really soured my experience with the site. I'll be in town, tomorrow, so I'll try the one retro store I mentioned that had the Atari 8-bit computers for sale and see if they'll buy the games up. If not, I'll take pics and post them on the Buy/Sell board here. Thanks.

4 hours ago, xabin said:

One of the ones in here has an owner whose dad owned a TI-99/4A, and they do have older home computers like the Atari 8-bit line, so they may take it.

Color me shocked and amazed!  Would like shops around me with a wider breadth than just game systems.  Although, there was a shop in the mall which would buy and sell Atari 8-bit carts.

6 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Color me shocked and amazed!  Would like shops around me with a wider breadth than just game systems.  Although, there was a shop in the mall which would buy and sell Atari 8-bit carts.

IIRC, my boyfriend and I went there to see if they could fix his old TI, before we started accepting help on here for parts. I only found out about it because I saw they had an Atari 800 in their display case, and asked them if they dealt with older home computers.