IGNORED

NEW Central Texas Retro Computer Club ?

hloberg

I was over at @FarmerPotato house over the weekend picking up some hardware and we discussed the huge turnout for the Austin ATX TI-99 Festival and the possibility of forming a Central Texas Retro Computer club. The idea is we would meet in the Austin area about every other month and talk over old computers, present demos and work on and trade hardware. We won't just limit it to the TI-99 line but any of the major retro of bygone era since most of us have other systems we like (such as Atari 8-bit, CoCo, AppleII, classic Mac, etc...) including to the TI-99.

Anyone interested?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hloberg said:

So, who wants to join?

I am in. I heard from Alex that he and  Carlos want to meet.

We can probably count on 2 from the Hackerspace. So, we have at 4-6 people locally. (Shift838 is a bit further.)

Howard, can you be in charge of setting a date and free location?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FarmerPotato said:

I am in. I heard from Alex that he and  Carlos want to meet.

We can probably count on 2 from the Hackerspace. So, we have at 4-6 people locally. (Shift838 is a bit further.)

Howard, can you be in charge of setting a date and free location?

be glad to. lets find out the areas everyone lives and that might give us a better clue where to put the meetings (and they don't have to be static. we also could move them around if need). 

we'll see how quickly this comes together then set a date. 

• Like 1

I don't live in the central texas area (two states north of there), but if you guys want any large printed materials, I happen to own a 36" wide format printer. I don't have a terribly great selection of paper on hand, but I can offer at least bright white paper, with color images up to 600dpi @ up to 36" wide. (Black and white halftone up to 1200 dpi) The post office is just down the street from me, sending a run out wouldn't be that difficult. I would just need cost of consumables + postage.

• Like 1