IGNORED

RatSoft_XE BBS Software?

doctor_x

Quoted from a post found in the "BBS Club" here...

"The Rats Nest BBS used a custom BBS program called RATSoft_XE which was the predecessor to the RATSoft ST BBS software. "

I am well aware of RatSoftST and it is by far and away in my opinion the coolest BBS for the ST.. But I had no clue there was a XE version of this software!!!!

Did anyone here experience it? Does anyone HAVE it??? :)

Add another to the list of rare Atari BBS software to be found!!! 

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

I almost fell pray to that, just got lucky this time. I must have updated it on a whim at some point.

Maybe with some hints etc. it could be remembered in PM/DM what have you in the AA messenger itself.

Edited by _The Doctor__

• 2 weeks later...

Also thinking about it, cut out the networking and a few other “modern” parts of ratsoft st and you have the 8-bit version. 

I think it took the best parts of express pro and FoReM xe. I don’t think it was modular (like carina) but on that I can’t say for sure.  It was written in basic. Most likely basic xe. 

Randy S Hacker (sigmon) was the closet to steve. If anyone might have a copy it probably would be him. But the likelyhood he held onto his Atari stuff is low. (I ended up with his mega st in the mid 90s) I send Randy messages every so often but he hasn’t responded in years. I know he had health problems last I spoke with him. 

6 hours ago, DarkLord said:

Tillek runs the Star Fleet Headquarters BBS, a Ratsoft BBS and is in semi-regular contact with it's author.

Perhaps he might have some info on it or be able to ask about it? Just a (random) thought...     :)

When I first contacted him, he had lost all the source to everything.  Later, he was able to find the source for the ST version.

Unless something very recently changed, he had nothing from the old A8 version unfortunately.  I'll ask him the next time we speak, but he's been dealing with some other issues lately.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1