IGNORED

BurgerTime Party! for Ami... Switch

roots.genoa

I just found out about this game, announced this week even though the page and the video were online since August 1st. It's coming october 8th.

https://marvelousgames.com/blogs/games/burgertime-party

What I find strange is that it looks like it was designed for Amico, even more than the new Bubble Bobble for Switch:

1. We already know a 'reimagining' of BurgerTime is coming to Amico
  2. It's 2D but not pixelart
  3. it's clearly geared towards both cooperative and competitive multiplayer

Your thoughts?

17 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

it almost seems *too* polished and smooth, if that makes sense.

I'm not a fan of the art style either (if that's what you meant). I think it tries to look like Cuphead, but that's the kind of style that requires great animation (like Dragon's Trap remake or later Shantae games) to pull off, or else it just looks like a web-based flash game. I prefer pixelart anyway.
Oh and I'm not sure Data East in 'on board' but G-Mode owns Data East licences anyway.

But I wouldn't be surprised if that game was pitched for Amico and finally released on Switch to avoid waiting another year. I think Tommy Tallarico talked about BurgerTime in his dedicated topic but I don't remember what he said about it. He was probably not very specific though.

Yeah, I saw this a while ago. May be fun, but I'll probably wait for reviews. Not a huge fan of the art style, but maybe it looks better in front of you. It does look a little better than the last Burgertime game from a few years ago. They should partner it with Heavy Burger, which I got a kick out of.

I don't feel like fighting with anybody, if you catch my drift, but this insistence that the Switch doesn't do local multiplayer is really baffling to me. Some games don't, I suppose, but that's any platform. I have plenty of Switch games that people can play together "locally."

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

I totally catch your drift; that's also why I posted here rather than in the other thread. ?

Good call.  I think Tommy's vision is interesting but Nintendo already does part of what Tommy wants the Amico to do plus the Nintendo can do 3D games too.  If Tommy has an Ecco sequel or a really good spiritual successor up his sleeve, that is at least something.  Earthworm Jim is a poisoned chalice and Tommy's too stubborn to see that.

2 hours ago, Abzeronow said:

Earthworm Jim is a poisoned chalice and Tommy's too stubborn to see that.

To be fair, Tommy said the new Earthworm Jim would not be what we expect (there could be platformer sections, but not the whole game) and it's natural he wanted to work with David Perry, a very good friend of his. But even though I love The Terminator on Genesis (mainly because it's based on one of my favorite movies), Perry has a great track-record of good-looking games, but a lot of them are not so great gameplay wise...

The audio is a bit grating as well. Between that and finding the art style rather cheap looking, I think I'm out.

Had it included an emulated version of the arcade classic though, I'd of bought it. Nobody seems to want to license pre 1985 Data East properties from G-Mode and release them on modern consoles.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, mr_me said:

If one company has a good idea others will copy it.  Nobody is saying you can't play local multiplayer games on other systems.  They're saying that with amico every single game will have a local multiplayer mode, so you don't even have to think about it.

Of course, but that was not my point. Since a new BurgerTime was (and still is) in development for Amico, I was just wondering if that game had not been designed for Amico but finally released on Switch because the publisher would not want to wait for October 2020 or whatever. It will be very interesting to compare both games in terms of multiplayer modes, since it can be a real challenge to come up with cooperative and competitive modes for every game.

It's my understanding that all games currently being developed for amico are being funded by intellivision entertainment and they own the copyrights.  Had g-mode proposed this to the amico people it would have been rejected or changed.  The chef won't look or move anything like it does here in the amico version, but that's my opinion.

I thought it was pretty fun. Keep in mind that it's also a budget title, and isn't $59.99. It's not perfect, but it at least keeps up with the spirit of the original game. I only wish that the original game was included. Maybe in a future patch

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zap! said:

I thought it was pretty fun. Keep in mind that it's also a budget title, and isn't $59.99. It's not perfect, but it at least keeps up with the spirit of the original game. I only wish that the original game was included. Maybe in a future patch

that's what i was saying, too- you can get Super BurgerTime I think it is for the Switch, but I'd really like the original game.

On 9/15/2019 at 5:42 AM, roots.genoa said:

I just found out about this game, announced this week even though the page and the video were online since August 1st. It's coming october 8th.

https://marvelousgames.com/blogs/games/burgertime-party

What I find strange is that it looks like it was designed for Amico, even more than the new Bubble Bobble for Switch:

1. We already know a 'reimagining' of BurgerTime is coming to Amico
  2. It's 2D but not pixelart
  3. it's clearly geared towards both cooperative and competitive multiplayer

Your thoughts?

This burgertime is awesome.

Why would we wait Amico in 2020 to play Burgertime in co-op when you have this one right now on Switch?