IGNORED

Super nintendo

overgrouth

Yet there isn't one for the Nintendo stuff.  The only explanation I ever had was the site isn't a bit fan of Nintendo stuff though I'm not sure I buy that, there are gaps and beyond one maker.  It would make more sense to perhaps have something by maker to avoid generational gaps, but also too many subforums means nothing gets done as it's too spread thin.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Yet there isn't one for the Nintendo stuff.  The only explanation I ever had was the site isn't a bit fan of Nintendo stuff though I'm not sure I buy that, there are gaps and beyond one maker.  It would make more sense to perhaps have something by maker to avoid generational gaps, but also too many subforums means nothing gets done as it's too spread thin.

I don't know its all on the same lines and I make hacks for Snes would love to make hacks for Atari but I have yet to learn any of it

• Confused 1

Well there's this whole other site called NintendoAge; I always assumed that was the reason. There are also a lot of other resources for Nintendo products. This is AtariAge. There's a SegaAge but it's small and I don't believe it existed when those forums on this site started up - 2011 is the first real hit for it that the Wayback Machine has. There's also Sega-16.com, but their forums have kind of a nasty reputation around here and that may even be why the Genesis forum exists here, for refugees from Sega-16. NintendoAge goes back to 2008, but before that I don't think there was a lot of demand for a Nintendo forum on an Atari site.

Maybe this site could have an SNES forum to be more all encompassing, but I personally feel like it's not that necessary and kind of detracts from what the site's supposed to be. There are so many more Nintendo fans than Atari fans nowadays that I feel like there's a good chance of Nintendo fans overrunning the site if there were dedicated forums for all of Nintendo's consoles. I feel like the site really should be mostly about pre-crash, pre-Nintendo gaming, with some modern stuff thrown in so it's not just stuck in the past. But not necessarily trying to cater to every system ever made.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Well there's this whole other site called NintendoAge; I always assumed that was the reason. There are also a lot of other resources for Nintendo products. This is AtariAge. There's a SegaAge but it's small and I don't believe it existed when those forums on this site started up - 2011 is the first real hit for it that the Wayback Machine has. There's also Sega-16.com, but their forums have kind of a nasty reputation around here and that may even be why the Genesis forum exists here, for refugees from Sega-16. NintendoAge goes back to 2008, but before that I don't think there was a lot of demand for a Nintendo forum on an Atari site.

Maybe this site could have an SNES forum to be more all encompassing, but I personally feel like it's not that necessary and kind of detracts from what the site's supposed to be. There are so many more Nintendo fans than Atari fans nowadays that I feel like there's a good chance of Nintendo fans overrunning the site if there were dedicated forums for all of Nintendo's consoles. I feel like the site really should be mostly about pre-crash, pre-Nintendo gaming, with some modern stuff thrown in so it's not just stuck in the past. But not necessarily trying to cater to every system ever made.

I admit what you say is true about this being more about Atari. I alao admit there is so much Nintendo stuff out there that this sote may get trampled with Nintendo users. Perhaps keeping it at a minimum is a good thing as part of the reason I come here is due to the mentality. Other game hacking sites tend to be rude and are so very ban happy. I come here because you can get answers in these forums. Though I felt the deaire to poat my Snes accomplishment's here as I put alot of work into my creations I guess as Newsdee stated this thread is created now. I do not want to step on the toes on those who run this site though and I do not want to attract a bad group of people here. The old catch 22.

It's being sarcastic on their part, do as you wish as you're not breaking any rules.  Like it or not, love for the Atari in general is a dying thing as fewer are clinging to it or taking interest anymore so you'll find likely an average are here probably in their mid 40-50 would be my guess.  Nintendo just can't be avoided unless you set a site wide ban on that, and I imagine it would drive away part of the regulars here.

There's no harm in having a SNES section, but easier to keep a Super Nintendo thread going.  It's quite relevant anyway lately with that now being part of the free pass of games within their $20/yr network fee.

I'd be curious if you had some images of this pac-hack.

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

It's being sarcastic on their part, do as you wish as you're not breaking any rules.  Like it or not, love for the Atari in general is a dying thing as fewer are clinging to it or taking interest anymore so you'll find likely an average are here probably in their mid 40-50 would be my guess.  Nintendo just can't be avoided unless you set a site wide ban on that, and I imagine it would drive away part of the regulars here.

There's no harm in having a SNES section, but easier to keep a Super Nintendo thread going.  It's quite relevant anyway lately with that now being part of the free pass of games within their $20/yr network fee.

Pac-hack

I can do images if you like I can even do video. Got to hed to bed just got home from work. I have things to do in the moring so if I have time I will post what I can.

As for Atari it would be sad to see it die off. I grew up on Atari games and I just bought myself an Atari hack of Kaboom! Known as Kaboom! 9 which layer got a proper name known as Sadoom!. Recently bought a harmony cart as well. I have a super charger which plays all the old stuff but not any of the larger roms with the modern Atari titles. I wouldent mind buy real cartridges infact in the past I purchased Combat Redux but buying each one gets expensive as well the Harmony kart is a one time expence. I like all sorts of games and gaming systems. I am so interested in Snes right now because its what I been hacking.

16 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I could not find my original but hopefully I still have it as it has better levels. Anyway  Itook Super Badly Kart which already has a Pac-Man Level and you can see the Characters are from Super Badly kart too but Again I got a Pac-man with out a kart and I need to make the ghosts. Updates will be shown when I find the one I been working on. I changed this one around a bit already from Super Baldy Kart. This is not the battle mode it was originally in as this is a race track and the AI players spread out like you see with Pac-Man. As I said I need to make some video for you. Let me find my original hack first I would hate to have to start over. Hope you like what you see.

Game play

So I set the warp section to drop you off at the start/finish line which will map a lap just as it would in a normal game of racing however the idea here is to grab a Pac-pellet and get a weapon that can be fired at an opponent like battle mode. Who ever hits another player first runs for the warp and like tag the player who got hit is now trying to hit the player who hit them with the pellets that got picked up. who ever is on the run and makes it to the warp will make a lap and the player who is on the chase can easily make their way to the Start/Finish line as their opponet exits and hopefully hits them so they can run for the warp. Who ever makes it into the warp 5 or 6 times depending on how I set it up the round ends. I would love a Volunteer to help me make a video of this. We can play on https://snes.party

Pac-Hack.png

Pac-Hack 2.png

• Like 2

On 9/15/2019 at 12:52 PM, overgrouth said:

Just curious the forums list alot of common 8 bit consoles and then skips 16 bit consoles them goes right into modern gaming. Was in hopes there could be a discussion on Nes Snes sega gensis.

I was always wondering this too. We have Sega, Odyssey 2 even Bally sub-forums but, no Nintendo NES, SNES, N64, besides High scores...

I figured with all the mods on the NES, it would be popular one, never mind SNES or N64... and not even talking about all the games for those systems.

7 hours ago, TheCoolDave said:

I was always wondering this too. We have Sega, Odyssey 2 even Bally sub-forums but, no Nintendo NES, SNES, N64, besides High scores...

I figured with all the mods on the NES, it would be popular one, never mind SNES or N64... and not even talking about all the games for those systems.

Good poont that the original Nes you know the rivial of Atari its self who used to make games for Atari and keeped trying to death with Atari but in the end Atari tried making Nintendo a bad deal so Nintendo dis their own thing which killed Atari. Atari made loads of bad decisions and the fallout between them and Nintendo was the last straw.