IGNORED

Battlesphere Instructions?

AdeptRapier

Nothing in particular, I was just interested in reading the manual. I've seen photos here and there of maybe a particular page but was wondering what the whole manual was like. Maybe for Battlesphere it's a straight forward manual; (I have no idea) but I find some game manuals very entertaining to read as far as back story, artwork, etc. I don't have the game though so I've never actually seen the original manual.

Thanks!

I've heard that quality PDFs of the BSG manual have actively been suppressed by certain collector elements, out of concern for their investments fakes being printed up and sold. Same sort of situation with manuals for spendy games on a few other platforms such as Neo Geo. Whether or not that is true I can't say for sure, but it would not at all surprise me.

• Sad 1

• 5 months later...

I would think that any legitimate copy of the game came with a manual, and that those who don't have a legitimate copy of the game aren't actively trying to make it easier to pirate it. Come on, guys, you know better than that.

• Like 3

Hmm.  10-12 years ago I bought a used (legit) copy of BattleSphere (non-gold) and it only came with the original box (somewhat tattered), no manual, etc.

I did manage to track down a PDF online and that time and I printed a copy in B&W. 

The PDF is long gone - I wouldn't mind getting a copy printed off in color myself.

If someone just wants to play the game, there's enough material online to have fun. 

http://www.scatologic.com/faq.html#GENERALQUESTIONS

I think it's obnoxious that this is scarce and hoarded, so long after its very limited commercial release, but that's what the creators have chosen to do. Since it's a holy relic or something, one mustn't ask for scans which will just be duplicated. 

It's a fun game, but if you've played TIE Fighter 1994, that's the better game.

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.scatologic.com/faq.html

Can I put scans of your products and screenshots on my really cool Atari Website?
A. All data, programs, images, documents, bitmaps, sounds, graphics, and content are copyrighted. They can be reproduced only with express written permission of ScatoLOGIC. This permission can be revoked at any time, for any reason deemed suitable by ScatoLOGIC. Unauthorized use of ScatoLOGIC copyrighted material will lead to prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.

Why doesn't ScatoLOGIC sell the rights to produce BattleSphere to Telegames or Songbird?
A. Simple. To persuade Hasbro to release the Jaguar into the public domain, 4Play offered that all profits from the game would be donated to charity. Because of this agreement, any company selling BattleSphere must also give their profits to charity. No 3rd party producers seem charitable enough to accept this agreement and produce BattleSphere.

Additionally, there are a number of strict quality issues which no other producer seems willing to meet. (Full-color decals applied properly aligned, Cardboard box inserts, Gold cartridge contacts, etc.)

Edited by Phill.T

55 minutes ago, Phill.T said:

No 3rd party producers seem charitable enough to accept this agreement and produce BattleSphere.

Additionally, there are a number of strict quality issues which no other producer seems willing to meet. (Full-color decals applied properly aligned, Cardboard box inserts, Gold cartridge contacts, etc.)

I wonder if this is still actually true.  Seems like a great way to promote your Atari site/storefront/whatever would be to offer products or services for profit adjacent to your sweet re-release of Battlesphere Gold adhering to all ScatoLOGIC's strict quality requirements with all proceeds to going to any charity ScatoLOGIC prefers.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lucius2018 said:

Yes, but we need to know who to contact in here, before we upload anything, so we are ok with the copyrights. There needs to be some kind of rules about these things.

Those of us who have been around these parts long enough already know it's NOT ok to upload that material. 

14 hours ago, cubanismo said:

I wonder if this is still actually true.  Seems like a great way to promote your Atari site/storefront/whatever would be to offer products or services for profit adjacent to your sweet re-release of Battlesphere Gold adhering to all ScatoLOGIC's strict quality requirements with all proceeds to going to any charity ScatoLOGIC prefers.

We go over this time and time again whenever newbies find their way here. It just ain't gonna happen.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Phill.T said:

Why doesn't ScatoLOGIC sell the rights to produce BattleSphere to Telegames or Songbird?
A. Simple. To persuade Hasbro to release the Jaguar into the public domain, 4Play offered that all profits from the game would be donated to charity. Because of this agreement, any company selling BattleSphere must also give their profits to charity. No 3rd party producers seem charitable enough to accept this agreement and produce BattleSphere.

You will note how it specifically doesn't say BATTLESPHERE GOLD, and also note that somehow they keep finding copies under their beds and putting them on ebay. Call me sceptical... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5