IGNORED

Battlesphere Instructions?

AdeptRapier

5 hours ago, cubanismo said:

IANAL, and I'm getting deja vu, but that's trademarks. I can't make "Pitfall: The IP adventure" because someone has a trademark on Pitfall games and probably keeps it active. Unless Scatologic is actively using the BattleSphere trademark, I probably could get away with making "BattleSphere II: The most spherical of all battles." However, that doesn't mean I can print off copies of their existing BattleSphere manuals or sell reproductions of their existing games. Copyright is a zeroobligation thing for the holder. I could maybe post a ROM image or manual PDF on an archive-centric section of a website and claim fair use as an act of preservation. Maybe. Once again, IANAL.

I'd totally play BattleSphere II: The Most Spherical of all Battles!  (I still wonder what it'd look like if someone did a port of Frontier: Elite II to the Jag.  Like it seems like just the sort of game that would fit quite amazingly on the system.  Might even be able to handle Elite III fairly well.) 

To keep this more on topic, doesn't Battlesphere play similarly to Crown of Creation? 

4 hours ago, leech said:

To keep this more on topic, doesn't Battlesphere play similarly to Crown of Creation? 

I think so, but I don't know as CoC was never cracked/dumped/made available to those of us who got into the Falcon late.  I have a demo of it which is just a slideshow from memory and not much if anything playable.   I havn't checked in a while so is it now possible to download a fully playable CoC?

2 minutes ago, oracle_jedi said:

I think so, but I don't know as CoC was never cracked/dumped/made available to those of us who got into the Falcon late.  I have a demo of it which is just a slideshow from memory and not much if anything playable.   I havn't checked in a while so is it now possible to download a fully playable CoC?

I believe so?  Though the cracked one floating around for years worked, but crashed on mission 6 from what I read.  Haven't played either game really.  I think CoC looks a little better? 

https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=37585&p=406700&hilit=Crown+of+creation#p406700

13 hours ago, cubanismo said:

I probably could get away with making "BattleSphere II: The most spherical of all battles."

According to this, no trademark exists or has ever existed on the word "Battlesphere" in the USA.

Not to mention this:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/14757/battle-sphere

DSCF0877.JPG

Edited by Zerosquare
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rick Dangerous said:

Got my repro manual in from TS Games and Repair on Etsy.  Really happy with the quality considering it was my own crappy scan job!  

Nice to have this so i can use/read the manual and not worry about putting wear and tear on my actual manual.   

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 2.13.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 2.14.03 PM.png

Ha, do they do boxes too?

• Like 1