IGNORED

Atari lynx 2 measures on working unit

Filip Sadovsky

Hello,

i would like to ask some of you who has Lynx 2 in working condition (with little to no mods ideally) to measure Suzy, Mikey and RAM with simple multimeter put to diode mode. Measure would need to be red coord on minus battery terminal and black one would be used for making measurements for each leg of IC. These data should be quite useful in finding out if these chips are broken or working on other lynx consoles that are not working and thus help a lot with troubleshooting.

Explanation on iPhone troubleshooting is for example here:

Could someone take these? We could then put them to schematics and help everyone in process. Same could be done for all Lynx revisions. Unfortunately i have only faulty one so cannot do this ?

I do not understand why you want to measure minus battery and not GND mass after stabilization circuit? After all, each such measurement will pass through the transistor's drain source.

The second thing, I remind you that your console and the vast majority of Lynx II has a Hayato processor and not Mikey, and they are not interchangeable!

All chips except U6 have this mass:

l2_pcbtop.jpg

Also remember that a lot of pins are connected to all chips, e.g. data lines and address lines, so the measurement will not show which chip is the problem.

Where do you live? I can repair your console, but I don't know if the shipping costs would be too high.

Edited by rj1307