IGNORED

DIY Vectrex Controller Lot FS !!!

gliptitude

image.thumb.jpeg.a3019d96c3b0424161a53f12d66ba694.jpeg

I have an assortment of Vectrex controllers I'd like to sell together. This is an organized variety that might be of interest to someone trying to experiment with new Vectrex controller designs and rebuilds.

Lot includes:

- Rolo's Vectrex controller kit, ver.2, (never assembled and believed complete, as pictured) (check AA thread linked below for more information)

- Fury Starblast button controller, average condition

- original Vectrex controller #1 (bent stick, otherwise nice condition)

- original Vectrex controller #2 (poor condition, disassembled, missing two screws, believed complete otherwise, (two removed buttons are included))

- Sega Genesis controller, (board components desoldered for Vectrex mod, cable missing, otherwise believed complete)(some spare buttons and partial enclosure from another Genesis controller included)

- New Sega Genesis (db9) extension cable 

- Three different additional arcade buttons, NEW

In summary this is a combination For Parts or Repair/Assembly Required/Homebrew lot. 

Starblast and original Vectrex controller #1 both work. The rest do not currently, either for being broken, disassembled or (Rolo kit) not yet assembled and requiring additional enclosure to assemble, (see thread linked below for enclosure ideas including existing 3D print files).

The extra arcade buttons might help you figure out what you like for building your own controllers. I'm a fan of the small size plunger buttons which I have used before and include one here. One of the big ones is a Sanwa which I seem to remember having a good reputation but to me not as good as the generic one that I include here. All three of those were purchased from Paradise Arcade online shop. The big ones are bigger than the kit buttons or the Starblast big button and the small one is a little smaller than the original Vectrex buttons.

image.thumb.jpg.8aa2d2f19d9d03166a1ab656dd119524.jpg

I'm asking $160 shipped to Continental U.S. locations. Perhaps negotiable.

.. I haven't figured out this new posting format so I may be editing this post to be more organized with pictures and links etc.

Please check attached photos for more detail. The picture at the beginning of this post is of the whole lot.

The working Vectrex controller is pretty nice and untampered with, except for the bent stick. The disassembled Vectrex controller is all around poor condition, including the stick component which is not springy.

Here is the original thread about the Vectrex controller kit, page 6 for me was the most relevant:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by gliptitude

• 2 weeks later...

Working Vectrex controller is marked for sale. 

Since no one has expressed any interest I am considering 3D printing an enclosure for the Vectrex joystick kit and assembling it, which will change the price. 

.. Also will consider trades involving similar type stuff, db9 joysticks, homebrew joysticks, broken joysticks, 15 pin serial PC joysticks, paddles, spinners, buttons, enclosures, salvaged non-gaming input components...

Edited by gliptitude