IGNORED

Aquarius x10 controller?

rietveld

Very nice system!  Yes, that eight-button peripheral is the X10 Command Module, originally developed for the Aquarius (the case design is a dead giveaway) but sold by Tandy for the Color Computer after the Aquarius was discontinued.  When you get your Aquaricart, you'll be getting the prototype X10 software with it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jaybird3rd said:

Very nice system!  Yes, that eight-button peripheral is the X10 Command Module, originally developed for the Aquarius (the case design is a dead giveaway) but sold by Tandy for the Color Computer after the Aquarius was discontinued.  When you get your Aquaricart, you'll be getting the prototype X10 software with it.

Interesting. Never seen that thing. :) 

IMG_2037.JPG

This is the pinout modification to connect the Tandy x10 controller (which was originally designed for the Aquarius) to the Aquarius cassette port 

Controller         to        Aquarius 

Pin 1.                          Pin 4

Pin 2.                          Pin 2

Pin 3.                          pin 5

Pin 4.                          Pin 3

Pin 5.                          Pin 1 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2019 at 11:29 PM, rietveld said:

You have an awesome collection. I do like the 16 I just don't seem to find much time to play it.   Oh well. Maybe when I get old and retire  

I was lucky enough to get a couple of Turbo Express units after the console was officially killed in USA, so they were cheap (typical pattern when tech is first phased out before it becomes "collectible"). Then I was even luckier to get the caps replaced and had a 3.5" screen mod done. Now with a Turbo Everdrive (equivalent of an LTO FLash for the Turbo), it is awesome! A must-get. Perfect for travel. Plus now I don't have to worry about the kids damaging my original BGDB or Street Fighter II HuCard. Highly recommended.