IGNORED

RetroNet 1.1 Released!

Slor

Finally, I have released RetroNet (AtariNet + C=Net) version 1.1.  Many of you have contributed to this effort with testing and suggestions, and I thank you very much for your help.  The binaries can be found at http://www.atarinet.com/.  I'm always happy to receive additional feedback, including any bugs you may run into.

Enjoy!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

I play this game a lot, and it's fantastic:-) I miss one simple functionality. Can you add separate high scores on beginner, easy, normal, and hard? I mean only one highest score achieved displayed in the corner of screen for example. I mean the score is how many moves you did to the end of game. I think it would be nice feature, because I play many times, and I'm going to achieve better score.
Second, because of the scores I think it could be nice to incrementation of moves in different way. If you rotate tile, then when you rotate few times the same tile, I think it could count one move only. I propose to do this with checking of two conditions. First condition is when it is moved the same tile which was moved in previous move, and the second condition is short time between moves (check it, but I think about one second will be ok), so we accept it as one move if rotating was quick enought.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 4:07 PM, Philsan said:

James, what changes compared to 2015 version I bought (released for free eventually)?

For the most part, it's performance enhancements in the Atari version.  If anyone needs new roms burned to replace in your original cart, drop me a PM.

• Like 1

The game has the Coveted Einstein seal of Approval, that Two Paws and a Wag... and that's decent Praise.

The game is different from other mentions in the thread in that the circuits must ALL be connected and terminate to a pad.

The others just ask connection be made to fill the path and to avoid obstacles or bad guys without regard to termination point, some don't require all circuit to be inter-connected...

If I remember correctly this is based on the logic game of NetWalk...

Make the connections in the least amount of moves possible and bring the system up! Your keeping the network (server) alive.

Simple fun, a repeat player and can really make you think is certain situations.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 2