IGNORED

Atari 7800 SD Cart (Concerto?)

Tempest

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 6:08 PM, batari said:

Concerto isn't on hold, really, it is in active development. Not every day, but several hours a week, for sure. With the stay-at-home orders I have had more time for AtariAge projects.

I'll join the others in appreciating this good news!  The 7800 has a ton of good development tools now, and a that has contributed to a pretty awesome surge in homebrew projects, but it's been tricky to actually test stuff on physical hardware!  I've been relying on the kindness of fellow forum folk to see how well my games work - It sounds like it'll be a long line of buyers to join, but I am -very- interested in a 7800 SD-Cart or similar setup! 

• Like 5

No doubt there will be a long queue to grab one of these now for sure.  Like all of our projects the good ones take time and hopefully we can all eventually benefit from another members great work.

• Like 1

My WiFi SD interface has been working pretty solid for over a year.  You can launch a game from the shitter, with your phone. LOL

No interest in making it pretty or cheap anymore though.  Lucky I am alive.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

My WiFi SD interface has been working pretty solid for over a year.  You can launch a game from the shitter, with your phone. LOL

Haha, now if you can make it so you can screen cast to your phone while on the shitter so you don't have to stop playing when the tacos hit?  How awesome would that be?

Edited by leech

14 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

So why even mention it then? Clearly this thing is never being used by anyone but you at your work bench right?  Your device might as well not exist at all as far as anyone aside from yourself is concerned. Batari and Saint are both working on devices that are for the masses. For all anyone knows this has been done 10 times over for the 7800 by random people who have built such a thing for themselves and they just never mentioned it to anyone or just don't care to participate in such discussions online. Might as well be 100 times over that it's been made in that type of situation as it does nothing for anyone. I think it's neat what you made cause I'm a friend who has watched it grow over time, most others really won't give two shits cause it means nothing if they don't have access to enjoy it for themselves and they don't give a shit what you have made for yourself. It's like the kid saying "I have a shinny ball! Look at the cool ball I have!" and then turning around and saying no to the other kids that show any interest and ask to play ball with him.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

I have no personal interest in “pretty” as such - if it works, I’d like one, especially if it can support a POKEY.

Personally, I’m glad you’re alive. You’re one of the most consistent no-bullshit guys on these forums and I appreciate that. :) 

Edited by DrVenkman
typo
  • Like 14

15 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

I have no personal interest in “pretty” as such - if it works, I’d like one, especially if it can support a POKEY.

Personally, I’m glad you’re alive. You’re one of the most consistent no-bullshit guys on these forums and I appreciate that. :) 

Appreciate that.  I have been so ill and busy, plus stricken by half a dozen bad news from my circles, I have not had any motivation to work on this.  I already ditched the download feature, seems redundant and I spent too much time on it.

@Shawn: Suck an egg, lover

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

On 5/20/2020 at 8:55 AM, DrVenkman said:

You’re one of the most consistent no-bullshit guys on these forums

We're talking about CPUWIZ right?  ;)

8 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Appreciate that.  I have been so ill and busy, plus stricken by half a dozen bad news from my circles, I have not had any motivation to work on this.  I already ditched the download feature, seems redundant and I spent too much time on it.

Sometimes diving into a hobby can be a good way to forget about the world for a bit, but other times you just can't concentrate on it when bad things are going on.  I've been on both ends of the spectrum lately (I *still* have a major 7800 proto to review, but my heart just isn't in it right now).  Just make sure you take care of yourself first as that's the most important thing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

@Shawn: Suck an egg, lover

Hang in there man.